website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

31 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Still no news on Kilde anywhere. If anyone finds sth, please share it

The only thing I heard is someone on a Dutch forum saying "apparently he has an open fracture on his right leg, according to Mario", but I have no idea who Mario is (the Dutch ES commentator and the duo on German TV both aren't called Mario as far as I know), so yeah... no idea where he got that from :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Agree. But canceling half of the DHs and not having where to replace them is also an issue. A season with only 4 DH equally devalues the World Cup.

Oh absolutely, for Wengen it's just unfortunate in this case and if downhills are cancelled, of course they should try and replace it. But Kitzbuhel's downhills are both not replacements, are they? Usually the FIS website would list that, like they did for Wengen, but for Kitzbuhel they didn't.

9cBTK0f.png

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

Austrian TV reported about a broken leg (open fracture), which means that we lost him for the season :cry: :facepalm:

Very, very sad news :( Has Kilde now reached Svindal in number of injuries. I have lost the count of how many seasons he has left prematurely now. Both Norwegians achieved so much in their careers, but a big "what if" will loom on the full potential they could have had, if not for the frequent injuries.

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh absolutely, for Wengen it's just unfortunate in this case and if downhills are cancelled, of course they should try and replace it. But Kitzbuhel's downhills are both not replacements, are they? Usually the FIS website would list that, like they did for Wengen, but for Kitzbuhel they didn't.

9cBTK0f.png

No, both DH in Kitzbuhel are regular ones, scheduled from last summer.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

The only thing I heard is someone on a Dutch forum saying "apparently he has an open fracture on his right leg, according to Mario", but I have no idea who Mario is (the Dutch ES commentator and the duo on German TV both aren't called Mario as far as I know), so yeah... no idea where he got that from :p 

I think he's Mario Reiter, who's working for the Austrian TV