website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

39 minutes ago, lapaj said:

The 30 countries that have had the most wars:

https://journeyz.co/countries-most-wars/

Damn, :GBR beaten into Fourth by :HUN!  :cry:

The figures for :IND, :NGR:PHI etc are utterly bogus because those were never united independent countries until the 20th Century.

Edited by Grassmarket

@phelps I've got some bad news for you buddy. Jutta Leerdam has confirmed the rumours of last week are true and she's in a relationship with.....Jake Paul, some YouTube guy who is mostly known for being....well, a bit of an uncivilized fellow, so to say. The chapter 'Controversies and legal issues' on his Wikipedia is almost longer than the rest, which should probably tell you enough about the kind of character this is :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

@phelps I've got some bad news for you buddy. Jutta Leerdam has confirmed the rumours of last week are true and she's in a relationship with.....Jake Paul, some YouTube guy who is mostly known for being....well, a bit of an uncivilized fellow, so to say. The chapter 'Controversies and legal issues' on his Wikipedia is almost longer than the rest, which should probably tell you enough about the kind of character this is :p

EWWWWWWWW

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The poor lass.  

39 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I have my twitter timeline already filled to the max with their photos. :yikes: :facepalm::hairpull:

tbh, I'm really disappointed...I expected her to have a little more good taste.

but if she's happy with him, good luck!

39 minutes ago, phelps said:

I have my twitter timeline already filled to the max with their photos. :yikes: :facepalm::hairpull:

tbh, I'm really disappointed...I expected her to have a little more good taste.

but if she's happy with him, good luck!

Good taste in the social media world? 😂 You old dog you. 

Paris bans the e-scooter rentals after 90% people voted for the ban. This e-scooter crap is truly heading the same path as Segway. Totally unneccessary crap that people don't want to buy in the big picture. How shocking :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/apr/02/parisians-vote-on-banning-e-scooters-from-french-capital

I think it has more to do with people being absolute maniacs on them. I understand the use for them, but people ride them way too fast and reckless in areas with a high density of pedestrians.

They’re relatively popular in Southern California, but there’s definitely contrasting opinions on them as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think it has more to do with people being absolute maniacs on them. I understand the use for them, but people ride them way too fast and reckless in areas with a high density of pedestrians.

They’re relatively popular in Southern California, but there’s definitely contrasting opinions on them as well.

Same here but with electric bikes, which on one hand is a great way for especially older people and otherwise physically less strong people*, but many of those same old people use them to race around at 20-25 kilometers per hour, which is a speed nobody expects a regular 85-year old to get to on a bike...resulting in a lot of accidents. Plus often they have some balance issues by then, so they're not always going in a decently straight line.

*also more and more children are using them to get to school, even if they only live 5-10km away or so. Which isn't great, nearly the last time I was in good shape was when I still had to cycle 10k to and 10k from school five times a week for six years, but on an electric bike that's not going to do much :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!