website statistics

Commonwealth Games 2022

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Unfortunately COVID continues to affect planning even for events next year.

The 2022 Commonwealth Archery and Shooting Championships in India have been cancelled because of the coronavirus crisis in the host nation.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1109691/cwg-archery-shooting

That was a expected decision. No one apparently cared here about CWG in the current circumstances. And our shooters and archers are already the best in the world so they didn't really need to prove themselves by winning gold in tournaments where we don't even have enough competition . 

13 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

That was a expected decision. No one apparently cared here about CWG in the current circumstances. And our shooters and archers are already the best in the world so they didn't really need to prove themselves by winning gold in tournaments where we don't even have enough competition . 

:roflmao:

Talk about rewriting history. You were the only ones who wanted it and you threw your teddy bear out of the pram in order to get it. 

1 minute ago, Nickyc707 said:

:roflmao:

Talk about rewriting history. You were the only ones who wanted it and you threw your teddy bear out of the pram in order to get it. 

But Now I myself wouldn't like the idea of having it. Covid times many nations might not travel to india it's gonna be absurd to watch that, though we don't have anything to prove in the sport 

14 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Anyhow the existence of CWG is fading day by day and if that ITG report is true it's better the games don't impress me so I don't feel like I miss it. 

India perform so badly I'm not surprised. You claim that India is the best in the world at shooting and archery and face no competition at the CWG. This is patently false as the last time the games were held in 2018 India only managed to win seven of the 19 gold medals in shooting. The feeble opposition picked up 12 between them. As for archery the last time it was held at the CWG India trailed behind England even on their home soil in Delhi.

Be honest with yourself. India stamped its feet up and down to get this event and threatened to take their ball home if they didn't. Now they face the humiliation of having had to cancel it no matter how good the reason. 

7 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Anyhow the existence of CWG is fading day by day and if that ITG report is true it's better the games don't impress me so I don't feel like I miss it. 

Of course you don’t miss it; :IND is the largest & most underperforming nation in the history of Commonwealth sports. I agree that the CG does not mean as much as it did 40 years ago, but it is still a vital stepping stone to full World & Olympic level/

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

. I agree that the CG does not mean as much as it did 40 years ago, but it is still a vital stepping stone to full World & Olympic level/

It's not my point here. If they are really going to downsize the games to few sports it'd really not matter what sports they chose. 

8 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

India perform so badly I'm not surprised. You claim that India is the best in the world at shooting and archery and face no competition at the CWG. This is patently false as the last time the games were held in 2018 India only managed to win seven of the 19 gold medals in shooting. The feeble opposition picked up 12 between them. As for archery the last time it was held at the CWG India trailed behind England even on their home soil in Delhi

I didn't say India is the best. Our Shooting domination started in 2019. In archery the medals in cwg aren't of big value imo