website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

4 penalty loops and 19 missed shots from France - and the French women used to be famous for shooting!

The most annoying thing is that France was historically very successful in relays at Antholz and that's what baited me to pick them for first :wall:

1 minute ago, SalamAkhi said:

I'm not a fan of the new Dutch domination (though it is limited to less events) but I'd prefer seeing them make a sweep rather than the British frauds :)

Concerning Norway, well :)

Me neither, at least not when it'd be NED - NED in the final. That's just boring.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Being invisible for years and dominating in a few weeks is more suspicious than boring :p 

1 minute ago, SalamAkhi said:

I'm not a fan of the new Dutch domination (though it is limited to less events) but I'd prefer seeing them make a sweep rather than the British frauds :)

Concerning Norway, well :)

Track cycling is heavily dependant on facilities. Manchester Velodrome opened in 1994 and GB has turned into a powerhouse since. Hell, even Poland has a velodrome build in 2008 and we've won several track cycling medals in the last decade. It's a low-hanging fruit very similar to luge. The countries that do well in luge are the ones that have build a luge track. Same applies to track cycling.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Track cycling is heavily dependant on facilities. Manchester Velodrome opened in 1994 and GB has turned into a powerhouse since. Hell, even Poland has a velodrome build in 2008 and we've won several track cycling medals in the last decade. It's a low-hanging fruit very similar to luge. The countries that do well in luge are the ones that have build a luge track. Same applies to track cycling.

Britain has five tracks! London, Manchester, Derby, Glasgow & Newport.

17 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

naaa...sometimes also Countries that close down facilities do well in Luge...:rofl::facepalm::hairpull:

15 hours ago, phelps said:

the problem with Sanfilippo and Carrara is that it take them a hour or so to release the shots at the range...and they still shoot with shameful percentages...with them, we are lucky if we collect "only" 2 or 3 penalty loops and the max number of recharges...:facepalm:

by the way, I must admit that I'm writing this only for superstition...I hope all 4 girls are going to perform at their best so they can end up between 6th and 8th place in the end...;)

:coffee:

by the way, we started with no.10 and ended up in 10th place...perfect scoring, I'd say...:nopompom:

p.s. a few news about Loginov's room raid by local police in Anterselva/Antholz...

it was the IBU itself that asked for it...:yikes:

they went to the judge and asked to allow police to have a deep search because Loginov's personal coach is supposed to travel and sell (other than use for his pupil) doping substances...

and that request was made a few days ago, before the championship started...

then, here burocracy is what it is and it took more than a week for the police to be allowed to make today's room...

that's the story so far (and how it's been told by Italian Eurosport commentators)...

Edited by phelps