website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2020

Totallympics

34 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Britain has five tracks! London, Manchester, Derby, Glasgow & Newport.

And which one of them was build before Manchester? I suspect zero? You had zero velodromes before 1994 hence you had zero track cycling medals for 40+ years until late 90s. It's really that simple.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And which one of them was build before Manchester? I suspect zero? You had zero velodromes before 1994 hence you had zero track cycling medals for 40+ years until late 90s. It's really that simple.

No, we often got medals in the Olympics, mostly the team or individual pursuit.  It was a black day when they took the tandem races out though, we were good at those.

Edited by Grassmarket

3 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

No, we often got medals in the Olympics, mostly the team or individual pursuit.  It was a black day when they took the tandem races out though, we were good at those.

You didn't answer my question but oh, well.

How many of these medallists were actually genuine road racers to begin with?

Besides, let's be honest, one bronze medal per OG in team pursuit means nothing compared to the current UK dominance. Opening Manchester in 1994 changed everything and there's no denying that.

19 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You didn't answer my question but oh, well.

How many of these medallists were actually genuine road racers to begin with?

Besides, let's be honest, one bronze medal per OG in team pursuit means nothing compared to the current UK dominance. Opening Manchester in 1994 changed everything and there's no denying that.

Well, Chris Boardman won Gold in Barcelona 92 & he and Graham Obree were also World Champions several times in the 90s, so it was not completely nothing.

Edited by Grassmarket