website statistics

Athletics 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

PB for Aceti in Poland, 45.48 :cheer:

Italian 4x400 seems to grow very well

It's Edoardo Scotti...:evil:

Vladimir Aceti was only 6th in 46.7 in Hungary...

by the way, the Italian men's (and mixed) 4*400m have a newcomer...the US born runner Robert Grant has been cleared by WA to start under the Italian Flag from now on...

he's got the Italian citizenship because of his heritage, as his grand-grandfather and his grand-grandmother (from his father's side) come from the Verbano-Cusio-Ossola province (North-West of Italy, near the Swiss border in the Lago Maggiore area)...

p.s. apparently, it wasn't our NF going for shopping (they almost didn't know about him), but it was Grant himself who asked our officials to be enrolled by our National Team...:mumble:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

by the way, the Italian men's (and mixed) 4*400m have a newcomer...the US born runner Robert Grant has been cleared by WA to start under the Italian Flag from now on...

he's got the Italian citizenship because of his heritage, as his grand-grandfather and his grand-grandmother (from his father's side) come from the Verbano-Cusio-Ossola province (North-West of Italy, near the Swiss border in the Lago Maggiore area)...

p.s. apparently, it wasn't our NF going for shopping (they almost didn't know about him), but it was Grant himself who asked our officials to be enrolled by our National Team...:mumble:

Of course, i do a big mess :wall:

Obliviously i mean Scotti ;)

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Obviously the Italian federation read my comment from a couple of days ago ... kind of scary.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Usain Bolt positive for Covid after behaving like an idiot.  :facepalm:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8658877/Usain-Bolt-tests-positive-coronavirus-days-celebrating-34th-birthday-party.html

Several other :JAM sports people involved.

Several good results yesterday at Janusz Kusociński Memorial in Chorzów.

Here are winners of each event:

Men's javelin - :GER J. Vetter - 90.86

Women's long jump - :UKR M. Bekh-Romanchuk -  6.78

Men's high jump - :POL N. Kobielski - 2.22

Women's high jump - :POL K. Lićwinko - 1.85

Men's pole vault - :USA S. Kendricks - 5.82 (three failed attempts at 5.92)

Men's 110m hurdles - :ESP O. Ortega - 13.25

Women's 100m hurdles - :FRA C. Samba-Mayela - 12.87 (PB)

Men's 100m - :GHA S. Safo-Antwi - 10.23

Women's 100m - :GBR I. Lansiquot - 11.19

Women's 400m hurdles - :GBR J. Knight - 55.44

Men's hammer throw - :POL W. Nowicki - 80.09

Women's hammer throw - :POL M. Kopron - 73.43

Men's shot put - :POL M. Haratyk - 21.88

Women's 800m - :GBR J. Reekie - 1:58.63 (PB)

Men's 800 - :KEN F. Cheruiyot - 1:45.34

Women's 400m - :USA W. Jonathas - 51.23

Men's 400m - :POL K. Zalewski - 45.47

Some good results at Polish NCh day 1. Hammer first of all of course. Wojciech Nowicki won with result 80,28 which is second place in World List. Paweł Fajdek was second with 78,61 (his SB). In Women's Katarzyna Furmanek won with 72,85 which would be 8th result in the world this season if she wouldn't have better result already. Norbert Kobielski won Men's HJ with 2,26 (in first attempt). There was also small suprise in Men's 1500m where Marcin Lewandowski (WCh 2019 bronze medalist) lost after slow run with Michał Rozmys (Military World Champion 2019).

38 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

Some good results at Polish NCh day 1. Hammer first of all of course. Wojciech Nowicki won with result 80,28 which is second place in World List. Paweł Fajdek was second with 78,61 (his SB). In Women's Katarzyna Furmanek won with 72,85 which would be 8th result in the world this season if she wouldn't have better result already. Norbert Kobielski won Men's HJ with 2,26 (in first attempt). There was also small suprise in Men's 1500m where Marcin Lewandowski (WCh 2019 bronze medalist) lost after slow run with Michał Rozmys (Military World Champion 2019).

Rozmys's gold is the biggest surprise so far.

Maybe you heard anywhere why either Krawczuk or Krzewina didn't start in 400m? Same about Kornelia Lesiewicz :mumble:

I checked start lists and several known names are missing (not counting Włodarczyk): Śmietanka in pole vault, Bednarek in high jump, Omelko in 400m, Krystian Zalewski on 3000m SC

2 hours ago, rybak said:

Rozmys's gold is the biggest surprise so far.

It surely is but I wouldn't say it's a big surprise. Sure, Lewandowski was favorite but in this strange season you can't be sure who prepare best shape on which competition. Because of that I assumed that Rozmys who defeated Lewandowski at 2019 World Military Games can defeat him today. I even didn't take away Borkowski's chances.

2 hours ago, rybak said:

Maybe you heard anywhere why either Krawczuk or Krzewina didn't start in 400m?

Nothing certain but probably injuries. Marek Plawgo wrote something about it on his twitter today but he didn't mention any names. Krzewina was even on start list so in his case it must be fresh. Krawczuk participated not so long ago in Chorzów at Kusociński's Meeting so it's also fresh but Omelko last start was in June.

2 hours ago, rybak said:

Same about Kornelia Lesiewicz

That's just my guess but she started in Bydgoszcz at Szewińska's Meeting and later in Chorzów at Kusociński's. If she would participate also at NCh she had to run four or five times (depends if she would advance to the final plus relay) in 12 days. Maybe it's too much for 17-year old girl? Besides I think that one of NCh U23, U20 or U18 which all will be at September is her goal in this season.

2 hours ago, rybak said:

I checked start lists and several known names are missing (not counting Włodarczyk): Śmietanka in pole vault, Bednarek in high jump, Omelko in 400m, Krystian Zalewski on 3000m SC

Zalewski has some problem with health as he wrote on his facebook. Bednarek is ijnured, he didn't start in this season even once. I don't know if Śmietanka even continues her sport carier. Last time I heard of her was at ECh in Berlin. There's also no Adam Kszczot.