website statistics

Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympic Games 2016 News

The Slovak House officially opened.

Yesterday evening during the ceremony the Slovak and Czech presidents jointly opened the house together with our canoe slalom athlete Jana Dukátová.

Momentka zo slávnostného prestrihnutia pásky. Hlavám Slovenskej aj Českej republiky, prezidentovi SOV, slovenskému veľvyslancovi v Brazílii a zástupcovi štátu Rio de Janeiro asistovala olympionička Jana Dukátová. FOTO SOV

so guys, Totallympics members which are or planning to go to Rio in the next days, you are invited to visit it, taste some slovak beers :p and meals, and pass some nice time and who know maybe meet some olympians and eventual medalists :p ...and take some photos and send them here :d

The 2 floors house is located in Barra de Tijuca, in Avenida das Americas near of the Olympic Park and is open daily from 11:00 to 00:00. The entry is free :yes

13895036_1213223038723005_55933306104087

some pictures from the opening party here

Vizualizácia číslo 3Vizualizácia číslo 2Vizualizácia číslo 1.

4 horas atrás, Griff88 disse:

13912421_10154424819172206_5868443154080

Finally.. Indonesia is one building with Timor-Leste

You know, back in the later 90's we really absolutely despise/hate Indonesia because of the Timor-Leste invasion and the slaughter of the Timorenses. We filled our windows with white flags, popular musicians made songs for Timor, and I believe that when we organized the Universal Expo in 98 we didn't even had an Indonesian pavillion.

The hate was so strong that in Sydney 2000 (which was also the first games where Timor was allowed to compete, although with the Olympic flag) our commentators clearly cheered against indonesia in EVERY sport.

Now I believe the hate is gone :p

3 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

You know, back in the later 90's we really absolutely despise/hate Indonesia because of the Timor-Leste invasion and the slaughter of the Timorenses. We filled our windows with white flags, popular musicians made songs for Timor, and I believe that when we organized the Universal Expo in 98 we didn't even had an Indonesian pavillion.

The hate was so strong that in Sydney 2000 (which was also the first games where Timor was allowed to compete, although with the Olympic flag) our commentators clearly cheered against indonesia in EVERY sport.

Now I believe the hate is gone :p

I knew that, during History lessons at school we were taught about the referendum.. Australian and Portuguese reaction etc, etc..

And actually most Timorese people are generally friendly to Indonesians, and I knew a Timorese customer from my father's shop who decorated his motorcycle extensively with flag of Timor Leste. (This should be in the off-topic :lol: )

1 minuto atrás, Griff88 disse:

I knew that, during History lessons at school we were taught about the referendum.. Australian and Portuguese reaction etc, etc..

And actually most Timorese people are generally friendly to Indonesians, and I knew a Timorese customer from my father's shop who decorated his motorcycle extensively with flag of Timor Leste. (This should be in the off-topic :lol: )

Yeah I know but I saw the flags and I remember the feeling here in the 90s and the images I saw from back then, and now seeing the two nations together in the same building is something really great and a true olympic moment :d