website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Crash for Kissa, not sure if it's a fatigue crash or a contact.

Looked like contact with Kiplagat, who seemed injured from then on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tamirat Tola with the most expected DNF for a world champion ever, although it's somewhat surprising (and certain people aren't going to be happy with it) that he kept going for that long :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada winning medals here will mean 4th in Paris :lol: jk hoping it doesn't q

4th place would still be a very good result for all canadians who won a medal here except LePage. Rogers, Katzberg, Mitton and Arop are not dominant enough to consider them locks for a medal and i don't see Warner getting better (given his age), but maybe he once again will shock everyone. LePage might also end up without a medal (considering that Neugebauer and the two norwegians are much younger), but i would be surprised if he wouldn't win at least silver next year.

Canada at 2019 worlds: 5 medals, 0 gold

Canada at 2021 olympics: 6 medals, 2 gold

Canada at 2015 worlds: 8 medals, 2 gold

Canada at 2016 olympics: 6 medals, 1 gold

Canada at 2011 worlds: 1 medal, 0 gold

Canada at 2012 olympics: 1 medal, 0 gold

Canada at 2007 worlds: 2 medals, 0 gold

Canada at 2008 olympics: 2 medals, 0 gold

Canada at 2003 worlds: 2 medals, 0 gold

Canada at 2004 olympics: 0 medals

Canada at 1999 worlds: 2 medals, 0 gold

Canada at 2000 olympics: 0 medals

Really interesting to see how bad Canada was until roughly 2012. Apparently the big turnaround happened after the 2012 olympics. 3 medals combined at the 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012 olympics and then 6 medals at the 2016 olympics. At the past 6 pre-olympic world championships Canada has won 2 golds (both in 2015) and at the past 6 olympic games Canada has won 3 golds, so actually Canada has "overperformed" in terms of gold medals at the olympics in the past.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

20 hours ago, hckošice said:

No idea, probably just a mistake.

It was shortly before the end of the broadcast while he was recapitulating the session, he said something like "from the medias service we got a news that the Indian relay was disqualified, they send a protest which was rejected..." and then just quickly continued with something else around shot put final... He speak so fast sometimes, that it is hard to catch everything he say sometimes :p I guess, he just by mistake said India instead of another country, since there were a couple of DSQ relays tonight..

So until there nothing in the live results, you do not have to be worried :yes

Ok it seems your commentator was partly correct but he mixed up things. 
The news from the Indian media team at Budapest is that an official protest was filed by the Indian team against a push/shove by Robinson (USA) on Ramesh (IND) in the last lap of the relay. There is  video-graphic  evidence of the same doing rounds in social media. 
However the jury rejected the appeal by the Indian team . 
I believe this is what your commentator wanted to say but mixed things up! 

Edited by Roamingrover86

1 minute ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Ok it seems your commentator was partly correct but he mixed up things. 
The news from the Indian media team at Budapest is that an official protest was filed by the Indian team against a push/shove by Robinson (USA) on Ramesh (IND) in the last lap of the relay. There is  video-graphic  evidence of the same doing rounds in social media. 
However the jury rejected the appeal by the Indian team . 
I believe this is what your commentator wanted to say but mixed things up! 

Ah ok. Yes, probably.

Glad it was just this.

High Jump final in my screen while listening the clash in headphones,

The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in

Meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin

Engines stop running, but I have no fear

'Cause London is drowning, and I live by the river

Life is still fine if you don´t take it too seriously after all I guess