website statistics

Athletics WA World Championships 2023

Totallympics

Apparently 300 thousand tickets have been sold so far. 52.3% of ticket holders are Hungarian, the rest are foreigners. Tickets have been bought in 103 countries.

That seems like a lot of foreign spectators. Probably the most for a sport event in Hungary, only the EURO2020 matches can rival with that. 

:UKR team for the world champs have its training camp in Slovakia since 2nd August :yes

World Athletics’ Ukraine Fund and the International Olympic Committee’s Solidarity Fund have combined to provide training camp accommodation for 40 athletes and officials in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia, which will allow Ukraine’s top athletes to complete their final preparations for their most important competition of the year.

World Athletics has provided additional accommodation for three athletes and their families for an extended period in Bankska Bystrica, from 1 June to 30 September.

https://worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-championships/budapest23/news/press-releases/ukrainian-team-prepares-world-athletics-championships-budapest

0e0b672a-82f2-4ad1-87fc-e7b3ca1409ce.jpg

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

a few more people pulling out and WA will start calling some Totallympians to fill the entry lists :roflmao: :facepalm:

p.s. no way I'm going...it's too hot and I'm too lazy...better stay home with air conditioning working hard :p

Edited by phelps

1 hour ago, phelps said:

a few more people pulling out and WA will start calling some Totallympians to fill the entry lists :roflmao: :facepalm:

p.s. no way I'm going...it's too hot and I'm too lazy...better stay home with air conditioning working hard :p

Can't do any worse than the Somali at the FISU Games.  

For the people who can't wait for the start of the 2023 world championships ...

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.