website statistics

Tennis ITF Roland Garros 2023

Totallympics

Haddad Maia :BRA into the semifinals at RG :facepalm::wall:  Really hope Iga can double-bagel her tomorrow.  

And for those of you that don't understand my hate for her, read this article https://www.tennis.com/news/articles/beatriz-haddad-maia-99th-ranked-player-from-brazil-fails-doping-test 

Miyu Kato won the title in the mixed doubles, after apparently being DQ'ed in the women's doubles. I had missed it, but what on earth did her opponents in the women's doubles have to do with the DQ of Kato and her partner? 

Kato hit one of the ball girls, apologized and got a warning from the referee. That should obviously be that, but Sorribes Tormo and Bouzkova - who were in no way affected - somehow felt the need to protest it and get them DQ'ed? :question: On what grounds?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@heywooduYou missed the biggest drama of Roland Garros so far? :mumble:

:CZE Karolina Muchova beats Aryna Sabalenka in the first women's semi-final. Sabalenka led 5-2 in the decider but started making crazy UE.

Meanwhile in the girls tournament we have 3 Russians and :PER in the semi-finals. The Peruvian had to defend MP from another Russian and only won in third-set Super TB.

12 hours ago, Monzanator said:

@heywooduYou missed the biggest drama of Roland Garros so far? :mumble:

Yep :p

My way of following the Grand Slams until roughly the semis is mostly the check the results on a daily basis. Not because I wouldn't like to see the rest, but I simply would miss too much anyway because of work and such, so seeing 20% of the earlier rounds and missing the rest would just be frustrating :p (and I always forget reading up on the news)

I see there's quite a lot of discussion about it. Good thing Sorribes Tormo and Bouzkova didn't make it that much further I guess, hadn't seen the video until now but they clearly didn't even care about the ball girl and only went straight for "disqualify them!" :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

people keep talking about weird things in WTA , surprises etc , but no-one talk about ATP weirdo things :d the 20 year kid facing literally his father and the kid is the one to get cramps and injured while father is fit for the game :d apart from joking the 20 year old kid couldn't resist the pressure of facing the G.O.A.T , so i guess this injury happened , how people complain about WTA , when u have the same outcome in ATP even when they got really old :d

15 year old Alina Korneeva has won the Girls tournament. She also won the AO Girls so becomes the first player since :BUL Magdalena Maleeva in 1990 to achieve that feat. Considering she beat Mirra Andreeva in AO final it's safe to say you will hear more about her on WTA tour soon ;)