website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

let's start the day with some good news...

both 2022 World Champions in today's weight classes (women's -57kg: :BRA Rafaela Silva; men's -73kg: :MGL Tsogbaatar Tsend-Ochir) are already out of the tournament :yikes:

sure that it won't hit anybody's prediction contest...:whistle: :lol: :raspberry:

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Deguchi is WC again.

Canada has another problem for Paris

imho, there's no problem at all...Deguchi is by far a better Judo player than Klimkait.

if I were the Canadian coach, I wouldn't have any doubt and choose Deguchi all the time.

on the other side, the Italian curse continues...it's unbelievable, but we've never had a male world champion in Judo :yikes: :facepalm: :hairpull:

and if we haven't got gold Today, we'll never win one. never.

gotta be said, Today Lombardo was really, really unlucky, as on his winning throw, he went down on his head just a few hundreds of a second earlier than Stump's shoulder touched the ground and therefore he was (correctly, nothing to say about it...the rule is clear) disqualified for diving instead of being named the new world champion :cry: :facepalm:

17 hours ago, phelps said:

imho, there's no problem at all...Deguchi is by far a better Judo player than Klimkait.

if I were the Canadian coach, I wouldn't have any doubt and choose Deguchi all the time.

The gap between them is not that massive. Though I do agree Deguchi is the more consistent between the two.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The gap between them is not that massive. Though I do agree Deguchi is the more consistent between the two.

to me, the technical gap between the 2 is massive (as it can be, we're still talking of 2 outstanding players).

the problem for Deguchi is all about her mental strenght, which is highly questionable.

Day #4, Medal Matches

women's -63kg

Gold Medal match: :FRA Clarisse Agbegnenou vs :SLO Andreja Leski

Bronze Medal match #1: :HUN Szofi Ozbas vs :AUT Lubjana Piovesana

Bronze Medal match #2: :MEX Prisca Awiti Alcaraz vs :NED Joanne Van Lieshout

men's -81kg

Gold Medal match: :GEO Tato Grigalashvili vs :BEL Matthias Casse

Bronze Medal match #1: :JPN Takanori Nagase vs :ISR Sagi Muki

Bronze Medal match #2: :CAN Francois Gauthier Drapeau vs :KOR Lee Jun Hwan