website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I don't follow Judo anymore, so what other countries joined Ukraine in its boycott ? I mean beside UK which is an obvious answer. you always can count on their loyalty. they would never betray Ukraine. 

in past few months I heard/read a million posts/comments/news about a handful of countries threatening to boycott the Olympics if Russian athletes participate (neutrals or not) you would expect them to boycott a simple non-direct Olympic qualifier for the start. 

btw I wish the best of luck for Ukrainian people and specially Ukrainian athletes. :pope: I hope nobody forces them to withdraw if they want to participate. 

Edited by MHSN

13 hours ago, MHSN said:

I don't follow Judo anymore, so what other countries joined Ukraine in its boycott ? I mean beside UK which is an obvious answer. you always can count on their loyalty. they would never betray Ukraine. 

in past few months I heard/read a million posts/comments/news about a handful of countries threatening to boycott the Olympics if Russian athletes participate (neutrals or not) you would expect them to boycott a simple non-direct Olympic qualifier for the start. 

btw I wish the best of luck for Ukrainian people and specially Ukrainian athletes. :pope: I hope nobody forces them to withdraw if they want to participate. 

nobody boycotted this championship except for :UKR 

it's too important in terms of points for the OQR...;)

by the way, I'm ready for the 1000th episode of the Casse vs Mollaei saga :lol:

Day #1, Medal Matches

women's -48kg

Gold Medal match: :JPN Natsumi Tsunoda vs :FRA Shirine Boukli

Bronze Medal match #1: :JPN Wakana Koga vs :FRA Blandine Pont

Bronze Medal match #2: :KAZ Abiba Abuzhakynova vs :ITA Assunta Scutto

men's -60kg

Gold Medal match: :ESP Francisco Garrigos vs :UZB Dilshodbek Baratov

Bronze Medal match #1: :GEO Giorgi Sardalashvili vs :BEL Jorre Verstraeten

Bronze Medal match #2: :JPN Naohisa Takato vs :KOR Lee Harim

While catching up before the event, i saw a funny parallel, at least to me. :d The very clean, by the books, loved by fans and the IOC sport of judo and the IJF have managed to gather a prize fund of barely over 1 millions dollars for the World Championships. While the very bad, scandalous, hated by everyone sport of boxing and the IBA managed to gather a prize fund of 7.6 million dollars for their World Championships. Not judging anything, just found it an interesting comparison. :d

40 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

While catching up before the event, i saw a funny parallel, at least to me. :d The very clean, by the books, loved by fans and the IOC sport of judo and the IJF have managed to gather a prize fund of barely over 1 millions dollars for the World Championships. While the very bad, scandalous, hated by everyone sport of boxing and the IBA managed to gather a prize fund of 7.6 million dollars for their World Championships. Not judging anything, just found it an interesting comparison. :d

For a lot of organizations, you don't need many donors to get a lot of money, just the "right" donors.

Day #1

women's -48kg

Gold: :JPN Natsumi Tsunoda

Silver:  :FRA Shirine Boukli

Bronze: :JPN Wakana Koga & :ITA Assunta Scutto

men's -60kg

Gold: :ESP Francisco Garrigos

Silver: :UZB Dilshodbek Baratov

Bronze: :GEO Giorgi Sardalashvili & :KOR Lee Harim

2nd bronze medal in a row for our young talent Assunta Scutto :cheer:

if only she was able to manage the Japanese fighters...:rolleyes:

and wow! just wow! for the men's competition...

the craziest and most unpredictable end for an unpredictable day (no comment on my results in the prediction contest :facepalm: :hairpull:)

4 hours ago, phelps said:

nobody boycotted this championship except for :UKR 

it's too important in terms of points for the OQR...;)

no way, I'm sure you are lying, there is not a single day that I don't read something in ITG.biz about someone threatening to boycott/cancel something. everybody and its dog talked about boycotting the Olympics in Poland. or in Latvia they banned people from walking the same streets as Russians. the same goes to Estonia . I'm sure they all boycotted this event, specially UK (true loyal friend of Ukraine) it wasn't just cheap talk and propaganda. propaganda only exists in non-democratic countries like ours, these are fully democratic countries where everybody is totally honest.

4 hours ago, phelps said:

by the way, I'm ready for the 1000th episode of the Casse vs Mollaei saga :lol:

The former Mongolian hero and current Azerbaijani hero has to beat his long time boyfriend Sagi Muki first. (if they both go that far in the draw) that was IJF's dream to have these guys meeting each other in a major event. but I assume even IJF is not that interested anymore. they realized his lies by now.

kind of funny, this guy used to draw lots of attention here, somehow as an anti-regime figure. but then all of that simply disappeared after Tokyo.  I'm probably the only one who still remembers him.

HEY! Stop questioning their honesty. In order to boycott the Olympics, they must qualify first.

On a serious note, in my opinion Mollaei is much better then Muki at the moment. I wouldn't bet that Muki will reach QF.