website statistics

Women's Curling WCF World Championship 2023

Totallympics

Switzerland-Sweden and Norway-Canada for semi finals.

Hasselborg/SWE was the last team to best Tirinzoni/SUI in a world championship game, but that was 35 games ago. I almost not want Sweden to win, just because Switzerland does not deserve to miss the final after so many wins against a team with 5 losses in this championship :lol:

12 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Think :GBR Rhona Martin when she won Olympic Gold started even worse than that.  

Both GB golds, 2002 and 2022 came after 5-4 in the round Robin :d

btw when my team won the Swedish super league recently (12 teams, and semifinals). A team Starting 2-4 ended up in the final, almost winning  the final

Edited by Swewi

I don't remember the exact RR results however I have an impression curling is more competitive these days? How is :GBR looking w/o Muirhead though? I seem to recall there was a minor dust-up few years back that Muirhead got all the championship selections by default instead of some domestic prelims like they have in Canada?

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I don't remember the exact RR results however I have an impression curling is more competitive these days? How is :GBR looking w/o Muirhead though? I seem to recall there was a minor dust-up few years back that Muirhead got all the championship selections by default instead of some domestic prelims like they have in Canada?

There is always a bit of controversy.  By default we use an established team, like Bruce Mouat in the men's.  When it's an emergency - like Muirhead last season when she had to go to the last chance Olympic Quals - the authorities insisted on picking the team. 

Alina Pätz on her way to her 7th (5 previous for women and 1 mixed doubles) World championship title. Amazing. But would probably need an olympic medal and a european gold to also be considered the best ever

Edited by Swewi

On 3/25/2023 at 11:46 AM, Monzanator said:

Definitely more competitve.