website statistics

Women's Football UEFA European Nations League 2023 - 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Scotland isn't even hiding that they're giving it away, most of the time they're barely even trying by the looks of it :d

Given that now they haven't got a chance to qualify anymore and as a dear neighbour, Belgium will help the Netherlands a bit as well. :p

1 minute ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Given that now they haven't got a chance to qualify anymore and as a dear neighbour, Belgium will help the Netherlands a bit as well. :p

Yeah that's not gonna happen :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

the England Scotland match with an Olympic qualification stake! It's a bit strange already 4-0, and here the Scots lost the match on purpose?

Yes, I've been watching for a while now and Scotland is basically not even really trying. They drop every ball they can right in English feet, they're missing every chance in defense and so on. Either they are truly worse than the local under-11 boys team in my small town, or they're giving it away, it's one or the other. They only had a few small attacks when it was too obvious for a while.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, I've been watching for a while now and Scotland is basically not even really trying. They drop every ball they can right in English feet, they're missing every chance in defense and so on. Either they are truly worse than the local under-11 boys team in my small town, or they're giving it away, it's one or the other.

I know I'm going to create controversy but there should have been a blockade in the Netherlands, England! because I think Scotland will help them in exchange for places on the Olympic team if they win

21 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

the England Scotland match with an Olympic qualification stake! It's a bit strange already 4-0, and here the Scots lost the match on purpose?

So much for the "Auld Alliance", Ben. Nothing, nothing woujd make Scotland throw a match against England in any sports match. It's a long time since Scotland have beaten England and prior to the two most recent matches between the sides England beat them 6-0. England haven't played well in this tournament but they're not duffers as recent World Cup finalists.

UEFA have a lot to answer for for having put the players of all four countries in this group in such an invidious position. It isn't fair on anyone and does the reputation of football no good whatsoever.

Edited by Nickyc707

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Scotland isn't even hiding that they're giving it away, most of the time they're barely even trying by the looks of it :d

Seems a bit unfair, the match in Sunderland was a bit of an anomaly, but there is a huge gap between England and Scotland. Additionally, in the UK media, there has been a lot of talk about how scandalous it would be if Scotland gave it to England. 

Watching the game, It is unfair to say that Scotland haven't been trying as they most definitely have been. They it may look like that haven't been trying during the last 3 goals but it has been unrelenting pressure from England, They have been laser focused on this and clearly want it, I don't think they have celebrated or even smiles after any of the goals, just bringing in back to the center circle for a rapid kickoff.

Now that it is 4-0 there is no way Scotland is going to take it seriously anymore. There is little honour to be upheld now.

This is all but over. I kinda expected Netherlands to lose against England over two matches, did not expect for it to go like this. This is kind of an ugly way tbh, especially with the layer of controversy over all of it. Although it should also be said that twice conceding a decider in extra time is also just plain poor. Especially the loss against Belgium was just poor. But the same could be said for England.