website statistics

Men's Baseball MLB 2023

Totallympics

On 5/1/2023 at 4:03 AM, owenp_23 said:

After 13 years in the minor leagues, Drew Maggi of the Pirates gets his first major league hit.

Maggi was then sent back down by the organization this evening after an inspirational ride in the big leagues.

He respresented :ITA at the 2017 WBC.

he was also involved in a big brawl at the 2019 Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Bologna, when :ITA lost to :ESP.

he was one of the main fighters in that brawl and got a 12-game suspension, which basically ended his journey with our National Team.

Tomorrow the Oakland Athletics will go for a series sweep of Kansas City, which could turn the Royals into the worst team in Major League Baseball.

Meanwhile, the Red Sox have won eight straight to pull within seven games of Tampa Bay in a heated AL East.

3 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

I absolutely hate the AL East!

My favourite team is tied for 6th in the entire MLB and only 4th in the division. :facepalm:

But hey, if it means the Yankees are going to finish in last place, I can get behind that.

The problem is that BJ got swept by Red Sox and lost 4 games in a row 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Jacob deGrom is set for TJ surgery but Rangers still have the second best record in AL behind the Rays.

well, they're still a very good team despite DeGrom's loss.

and Jon Gray is having the stint of his life so far (even if last night he recorded the second most "undeserved" loss in the history of the game with 9 IP, 4 H and 1 ER, no BB and 12 K)...

p.s. luckily, I got Gray in my fantasy team just to replace DeGrom (but now I also have Max Fried in IL60 :facepalm:and Cole is scaring me in the last outings).

my only consolation, I've been able to steal Elly (De La Cruz)!!! :cheer:

and I can tell you, we'll talk a lot of Elly in the next future :p

Oakland Athletics won SEVEN games in a row and shafted the horrendous Kansas City Royals to the worst record in the league ;)

Meanwhile LA Angels won two straight vs Rangers on the road and it seems like their season might not be finished before the All-Star Break for a change :evil: