website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Broadcasters

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Looks as though here we'll have both Eurosport Player, which will remain until at least early 2022, and Discovery+. Not sure whether one or the other will have more streams, but it does appear that the Player will still remain an option at least for Tokyo.

I might get a month subscription for Discovery+ (I mean, I'll get two fewer bottles of guaraná this month and the money is back) just to try it out and get used to it in case I do have to suddenly switch :d 

We should start a crowdfunding campaign…. “Raise funds for Totallympians to reach their dreams of watching hours of coverage of the Olympics”

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I didn’t see Ireland mentioned but I thought for us is was going to be on l Discovery+. I still don’t have certainty on whether it will be on the Eurosport player or Discovery in Ireland,l. I’ll probably end up subscribing to Discovery just to be sure :wall:

well, Ireland is not mentioned there, but the article claims 11 european markets, so who know ?

Anyway, you still have time, In the coming days there will be more informations I believe, so you can still wait a bit and see. or do you think the price will raise every day coming to the games ?  :d

Just now, hckošice said:

well, Ireland is not mentioned there, but the article claims 11 european markets, so who know ?

Anyway, you still have time, In the coming days there will be more informations I believe, so you can still wait a bit and see. or do you think the price will raise every day coming to the games ?  :d

I am waiting for @Sindo to enter the market so we can broadcast the Games from Totallympics :d 

100 live streams :wub:

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

I am waiting for @Sindo to enter the market so we can broadcast the Games from Totallympics :d 

100 live streams :wub:

I already see users going nuts with the Forum curently unavailable due maintenance title in the middle of stream :p

Joking ofc. Totallympics is the Best ! :champion:

Reporting from America (the continent)

About options of legal streams here in North America.

FIRST, consider having a VPN, this has been my source to watch everything and at a reasonable price, right now I am using MULLVAD VPN and I recomend Windscribe, with those two cheap options you will be safe, hey with windscribe you could even chose single or specific servers like only wanting to pay for USA, Spain and the UK (they have 30 countries) each is one dollar per month. Mullvad has about 30 countries to choose from and is like 6 dollars a month and is non auto renew.

USA: For streams of NBC, forget about it unless you are client of an internet/tv/satellite/cable company based in the US, the NBC streams will be unlocked to those who provide their user credentials. 

Canada: CBC Sports, usually they do very very well with their streaming. In Rio and Pyeongchang they had a dedicated olympic website with Live and On Demand streams of every sport, every session, english commentary or no commentary. I am very confident this time they will do the same and have everything live and VOD for later watching. High quality streams.

Mexico: We will have Clarosports with almost same scenario of CBC Canada, live feeds for every sport, every session with the on demand option. Plus they will have another 4 live channels via Youtube with spanish commentary (sorry but many of our commentators are bad but if you dont speak spanish then no problem).

My advice? buy one month of the vpn I recommend and I will put in time the link for the Canadian and Mexican websites where you will be able to catch the action

14 hours ago, Scorpion said:

My hope is that Eurosport will allow on demand for everything it broadcasts. With the time zone it would be useful to even reschedule the television days a little.

I agree. I think it will be the best level of coverage (at least, the best coverage for the type of person that goes on Totallympics) that I've ever seen in the UK

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

7 hours ago, Braulio said:

Reporting from America (the continent)

About options of legal streams here in North America.

FIRST, consider having a VPN, this has been my source to watch everything and at a reasonable price, right now I am using MULLVAD VPN and I recomend Windscribe, with those two cheap options you will be safe, hey with windscribe you could even chose single or specific servers like only wanting to pay for USA, Spain and the UK (they have 30 countries) each is one dollar per month. Mullvad has about 30 countries to choose from and is like 6 dollars a month and is non auto renew.

USA: For streams of NBC, forget about it unless you are client of an internet/tv/satellite/cable company based in the US, the NBC streams will be unlocked to those who provide their user credentials. 

Canada: CBC Sports, usually they do very very well with their streaming. In Rio and Pyeongchang they had a dedicated olympic website with Live and On Demand streams of every sport, every session, english commentary or no commentary. I am very confident this time they will do the same and have everything live and VOD for later watching. High quality streams.

Mexico: We will have Clarosports with almost same scenario of CBC Canada, live feeds for every sport, every session with the on demand option. Plus they will have another 4 live channels via Youtube with spanish commentary (sorry but many of our commentators are bad but if you dont speak spanish then no problem).

My advice? buy one month of the vpn I recommend and I will put in time the link for the Canadian and Mexican websites where you will be able to catch the action

I will probably use VPN to connect from Mexico to my nbc account.  Doubt I'll be able to authenticate using hotel internet to use live feeds

6 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I will probably use VPN to connect from Mexico to my nbc account.  Doubt I'll be able to authenticate using hotel internet to use live feeds

Yes, you will have to get a VPN in order to be able to connect while staying in Mexico to the NBC streams

Also, ask in advance your hotel if they have high speed internet, last one I stayed in and though they had internet all across the hotel but the speed was soooo low 

42 minutes ago, Braulio said:

Yes, you will have to get a VPN in order to be able to connect while staying in Mexico to the NBC streams

Also, ask in advance your hotel if they have high speed internet, last one I stayed in and though they had internet all across the hotel but the speed was soooo low 

What will I need to connect to local streams?