website statistics

Sprint Canoeing ICF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Technically you do have chances to qualify in C1/C2/K1/K2. In reality, we will see what happens when you will focus on K2 to salvage your quota chances. 

yes I know, but given our level do we have a chance of qualifying all our K2 and C2 which will monoplace quotas for us

Edited by Benolympique

Anyway, I didn't expect that I will be more nervous during our women's semi than our men's.... I don't like what I am seeing in women's kayak, even with the return of two Olympic champions, Csipes and Hadvina, our K4 boat is still too weak to fight for a medal, let alone for the gold. I can accept that we won't dominate WK4 forever, but something most be wrong here because we shouldn't be this weak with Csipes and Hadvina on board. Do we seriously need Kozák to save us after her second pregnancy? Not a good look for the next generation in women's kayak in Hungary....

Everybody who qualified in K4 can use athletes from the K4 to take part in K2/K1, even one doesn't get a quota place in the smaller boats, is that correct? I mean, it's impossile to get a quota in all three Kajak Events anyway, because only 6 starters per gender are allowed.

23 minutes ago, Joshi said:

Quite frankly Oceania really is only 2 countries. Also, the Olympics is a worldwide event not the European Benefit Games. The Olympics has been dominated no matter what sport or event it is by the Northern Hemisphere and that is primarily not down to purely athletic talent but geography. Example, accessibility. 90% of all World Championships seem to be in the NH particularly Europe. The sports that are in the Olympics one could argue are mainly European but that's purely down to economics and politics.

But Oceania is strong enough to fight for quotas with Asia. Sorry.

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

Everybody who qualified in K4 can use athletes from the K4 to take part in K2/K1, even one doesn't get a quota place in the smaller boats, is that correct? I mean, it's impossile to get a quota in all three Kajak Events anyway, because only 6 starters per gender are allowed.

Yes. In fact, you can have two boats in K1 and K2, just like in Tokyo. 

Continental quotas are ok when quality wont be affected.

But having all 4 continents by sacrificing some decent European boats wont contribute to overall positive level.

Its like reducing Asian quotas in table tennis or badminton to have some average European competing. 

3 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Continental quotas are ok when quality wont be affected.

But having all 4 continents by sacrificing some decent European boats wont contribute to overall positive level.

Its like reducing Asian quotas in table tennis or badminton to have some average European competing. 

the worst is in team sports: Women's football: 2 European countries only when you see the level it's abherent. The handball system is fair: continental championships and TQO or the best qualify

To understand this qualification system you need a PhD in Statistics or similar :d

Anyway if my understanding is correct the quotas for K1 W are clear now as well. 

All the finalists excluding Serbia, Hungary and NZL (as same athlete already won a quota) will get a quote for sure. 

That means GER, CAN, POR, AUS, DEN and SWE have their quota save. 

But GER and AUS could lose the k1 quota if they qualify in K2 

And CAN could lose it if they qualify in both K4 (still open, but likely) and K2. 

If all three happens, then 3rd place in b final would get a quota as well?

Is this correct? OMG my brain is dead 

Edited by prso1000