website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Can’t wait for Doha to host the Tokyo 2020 Olympics sometimes in early Winter 2023 ?

Or in middle of night during summer :p

I'm aware that during summer they have extremely high temperatures and it could be main problem, but it just an idea and my wishful thinking.

Could it end up being Tokyo 2024 - Matthew Pinsent has called for it.

I think it will be cancelled by the end of February but then some sports will organise last minute extra top level events as smaller scale events with the testing and quarantine manageable.

I think a few Governments will rule out the vaccinating athletes ahead of the queue rule before the IOC pull the plug.

20 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Could it end up being Tokyo 2024 - Matthew Pinsent has called for it.

I think it will be cancelled by the end of February but then some sports will organise last minute extra top level events as smaller scale events with the testing and quarantine manageable.

I think a few Governments will rule out the vaccinating athletes ahead of the queue rule before the IOC pull the plug.

No, it shouldn't. Because in 2024 we all meet in Paris. If the pandemics are over, which is not certain at all. 

I would give Tokyo a 2032 games without any new bids and competition. If they would be interested to host it. 

But it would be very unfair to take the games from Paris Because all this covid mess is not a French fault. 

Unless French say we don't want the 2024 games ourselves. But I don't See it happen. 

15 hours ago, rybak said:

Japanese president is sure that Olympic Games will be held as planned  :whistle:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1102925/muto-plays-down-result-of-olympic-survey

Delusion.

The IOC will soon pull the plug when it becomes obvious it won't work.

Has anyone took a moment to realize how utterly ridiculous would the Olympics look without spectators? All these Olympians coming to town, going around 30 odd venues without spectators... At this point, you might as well hold them in a deserted army base somewhere. I can't imagine any resident of Tokyo being fine with the notion of empty stadiums.

#banbestmen