website statistics

Boxing at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Have not watched the game but obviously whenever an Italian loses a close match the judges and the management of boxing become biased and dirty. Yesterday they blamed the fact that judges were from Muslim countries, today 4 out of 5 judges were from Asia or Australia or South America but again they lost because this sport is dirty.

By the way we lost a very close semifinal today against Romanian but hey I guess their lobby even topped our lobby.

1 minute ago, Matteo92 said:

Serra dominated the bout, even the audience booed the outcome and they were obviously not all Italians.

Not liking the decision is one thing, blaming judges and winner with being dirty and wanting the sport to be removed is another thing. As I said I did not watch the match and you are probably right, it might be the wrong decision, but I see that the points were close and Serra won the last round. I do not think judges were bribed and made our guy win. There were many cases in this tournament that I definitely thought we won the round and it was 4-1, 3-2 for the opponent. I never blamed the judges, our TV does that and I find it cringy, I also find it cringy when it is done here.

Just now, merlinsbeard said:

Not liking the decision is one thing, blaming judges and winner with being dirty and wanting the sport to be removed is another thing. As I said I did not watch the match and you are probably right, it might be the wrong decision, but I see that the points were close and Serra won the last round. I do not think judges were bribed and made our guy win. There were many cases in this tournament that I definitely thought we won the round and it was 4-1, 3-2 for the opponent. I never blamed the judges, our TV does that and I find it cringy, I also find it cringy when it is done here.

Polish commentators agree with judges. For me Turkish guy was better prepare for this fight.

6 minutes ago, Matteo92 said:

Serra dominated the bout, even the audience booed the outcome and they were obviously not all Italians.

To be fair the crowds have been so small it is conceivable the majority of them could have come from the Italian delegation cheering their team on :d - but it did seem a dubious decision.

2 minutes ago, merlinsbeard said:

I'm not saying or implying anything about Turkey/Gumus being dirty, I believe you when you say Turkish athletes were wrongfully defeated in other matches. I'm also willing to give the judges the benefit of the doubt and assume they are just incompetent, at least in this case. But since the incompetence is so widespread, it doesn't make the whole event less of a joke, in my opinion.

You could argue I should just stop watching the sport and you'd be right, but I know I won't do it :d