website statistics

Boxing at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Adriano said:

First round 4-1 Ela, second  for your boxer I totally agree. Third round in the ending many good punches from Ela. Each time I agree I really like your female  boxers, I crossed my fingers for Kelly etc but this time Ela was better. .. I hope she will go to Paris via QQT. Really sad they for us, she was better this time. But congratulation;)

I will keep my fingers crossed for Ela in the WQTs and the other Poles too. It’s heart-breaking when you get so close to the quotas and just miss out. You would think at least a few of them can get over the line at the remaining qualifiers. 

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

@OlympicIRL Quick off-topic :d How to you pronounce "Aoife" ? It's "Ifa" or "Ifie" right? I have 2 Irish colleagues with that name and we have calls from time to time. I don't want to butcher their name :d

Pronounce it like E-fa (the first part is pronounced like the -ee in the word “see” if that makes sense?)

Middleweight, not heavy weight, and she did get a “near” win. One judge giving her the final round over Aoife could have swung the fight

They're two evenly matched boxers but I felt the decision was correct

I am, of course, as biased as the Polish commentators 

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

@OlympicIRL Quick off-topic :d How to you pronounce "Aoife" ? It's "Ifa" or "Ifie" right? I have 2 Irish colleagues with that name and we have calls from time to time. I don't want to butcher their name :d

My work colleague’s name is Aoibheann

best of luck with that one 😀

31 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Not mine :question:

image.png

It seem quite clear that the host quotas would have been given only if we had failed to qualify 3 male and 3 female boxers.

You may well be right - my boxing data is in a mess given the competing iterations of the qualifying pathways

5 minutes ago, dodge said:

can be either EE-veen or Ay-veen

The one that always throws me is Siobhain - Shi-VONN...but by standard Irish pronunciation rules, should be Shi-WAHN, surely? ('bh' between broad vowels is W, not V?)

6 minutes ago, dodge said:

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

One of my colleagues is named Caoilfhionn :d 

Still better than  X AE A-XII Musk