website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And who decides whether a change is needed? Some 20 year old American like you? Please, don't make me laugh... :lol:

Donald Trump would be proud of your logic in this thread. It's "MY WAY or the highway" :p

Wait a second, when did he become 20? The real mystery of this entire forum.

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

No, it won't. It's a speciallist precision sport where being bigger and stronger actually doesn't matter.

Right, so there is a good chance for trans inclusion then.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

No, it won't. It's a speciallist precision sport where being bigger and stronger actually doesn't matter.

Being stronger does though. If you're stronger, you push forward harder with every push.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nearly 15 pages in one evening in the regular biathlon discussion thread. If I didn't know any better I'd think one of the athletes had gone on a shooting rampage during competition.

What further proof that biathlon is doing well do you need? :p

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If there’s a chance for improvement, take it!  Biathlon is doing fine, and being ahead of game could mean that it will be doing fine for a long time to come.

Cross country has seen all the changes aka improvements over the last 20 years, Tour de Ski, sprints, team sprints, 10k mass start and etc. and what? It's only Norway and Russia that matter with even Sweden barely competitive outside of the sprints. Meanwhile the old fashioned biathlon has more countries fighting for top spots with its outdated rules, formats and distances. Go and figure.

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly the sentiment I expected and why it'd be wise to just leave this out of here for now. In an incredibly complicated discussion, which transgenders in sports definitely form, someone doesn't agree and immediately the 'transphobic' flies around.

It’s transphobic to say that biathlon isn’t a sport for trans-people. It also has to due with the tone you say it in, and there was a lot of disgust there.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

And who decides whether a change is needed? Some 20 year old American like you? Please, don't make me laugh... :lol:

Donald Trump would be proud of your logic in this thread. It's "MY WAY or the highway" :p

I’m open to discussion. The discussion you want is “All change is bad, it should be fired into space.”, and I take issue with that. You also love to debate about anything but the actual point of the conversation. 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Nearly 15 pages in one evening in the regular biathlon discussion thread. If I didn't know any better I'd think one of the athletes had gone on a shooting rampage during competition.

If that ever happens the IBU would probably switch to those stupid laser riffles and Biathlon will become as boring as Modern Pentathlon’s laser run :/

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You do realize Olympian likes to start a political war in every thread and thinks he's right all the time? :whistle:

And you don’t? 

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That’s never happened right? People ask me that all the time, and I don’t know the answer. I sure it hasn’t, but I thought I’d check to play devils advocate.