website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

Haha, totally missed Mack Horton did indeed get an official warning :lol: 

But destroying one's blood samples is fine :)  This is fine :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The way the Western media and Western swimmers are treating Sun Yang is just disgusting. I don't care that he's an asshole, this kind of unsportsmanship against any swimmer is unacceptable. Let CAS decide what happened and keep this kind of drama outside the World Championships. There are rules that everyone should follow and all Western swimmers should trust the system.

Edited by Vektor

Just now, Vektor said:

The way the Western media and Western swimmers are treating Sun Yang is just disgusting. I don't care that he's an asshole, this kind of unsportsmanship against any swimmer is unacceptable. Let CAS decide what happened and keep this kind of drama outside the World Championships. There are rules that everyone should follow and all the Western swimmers should trust the system.

Sun got aggressive on the podium and shouted on live TV at another competitor, "You're a loser and I'm a winner!".  And yet it's everyone else's fault.  

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Sun got aggressive on the podium and shouted on live TV at another competitor, "You're a loser and I'm a winner!".  And yet it's everyone else's fault.  

The thing was initiated by Scott who didn't want to shake his hand. There are swimmers who can handle these situations and there are ones like Sun, but nothing would have happened if Scott didn't want to protest in some way. 

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

The way the Western media and Western swimmers are treating Sun Yang is just disgusting. I don't care that he's an asshole, this kind of unsportsmanship against any swimmer is unacceptable. Let CAS decide what happened and keep this kind of drama outside the World Championships. There are rules that everyone should follow and all Western swimmers should trust the system.

The FINA system has shown itself (not only once) as something they can't trust, that's part of the whole point. Also, Sun is a different cookie than most dopers, for whom I'd agree with you. In terms of how to behave as a doper, one can take Efimova as sort of an example.

Sure, all the European, Australian and American media are blowing it up, just like I'm guessing the Chinese media are painting Sun as the poor victim and/or legendary hero and the rest as the bad guys.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

Apparently this happened between King and Efimova backstage after the 100m Breast:

Reveal hidden contents

Nah, King won so she's happy and Efimova isn't Sun.

So far, taking into account long course and open water swimming events, :CHN China leads the medal table (4-1-2), :USA the US is in second place (3-3-4) and :AUS Australia is third (2-2-3).

:GERGermany (2-2-2), :CAN Canada (2-0-3), :BRA Brazil (2-0-1), :HUN Hungary (2-0-0), :FRA France (1-3-1), :ITA Italy (1-1-4) and :GBR Great Britain (1-1-1) complete the top 10.

No gold medals for Russia and Japan in swimming as of yet.

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

The thing was initiated by Scott who didn't want to shake his hand. There are swimmers who can handle these situations and there are ones like Sun, but nothing would have happened if Scott didn't want to protest in some way. 

No, it was started by Yang being a drug cheat, destroying evidence and being ridiculously over the top after winning on a technicality.  Some other competitors are protesting silently and peacefully, that doesn't give Sun the right to be aggressive and insulting.  Maybe he's getting his cues from the thugs in HK right now, but I'll leave that to the politics page.  

Just to be clear, I lived and worked in China for 3 years.  I loved it, and the people.  The pollution and weather is what drove me away.  

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The FINA system has shown itself (not only once) as something they can't trust, that's part of the whole point. Also, Sun is a different cookie than most dopers, for whom I'd agree with you. In terms of how to behave as a doper, one can take Efimova as sort of an example.

Sure, all the European, Australian and American media are blowing it up, just like I'm guessing the Chinese media are painting Sun as the poor victim and/or legendary hero and the rest as the bad guys.

And I have seen how Western media treats every non-Western swimmer who dominates multiple events. I still can't forget how some sites started calling Hosszú a doper during Rio because they couldn't handle that a Hungarian swimmer was beating the world in many events. So let's just wait how CAS decides and keep this shit out of the competition.