website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

1 minute ago, Griff88 said:

And from media it creates an opinion that swimming is a Western-only sport (I don't know what is the right word to describe, Western Bloc sport? :p), thus some people can't just appreciate when some "random" people outside that zone won too many gold.

I still remembered when I posted meme of Phelps-Cseh-Le Clos with the words "Cmon's Guys, Let's Go To School" when Schooling won gold in Rio 2016 and I got a few angry comments :lol:

The joke "Phelps got schooled" was also unwelcome by some people :dunno:

Try posting a meme "Sun got sMacked" on Chinese social media and then report back with the comments that you receive :p

3 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

And from media it creates an opinion that swimming is a Western-only sport (I don't know what is the right word to describe, Western Bloc sport? :p), thus some people can't just appreciate when some "random" people outside that zone won too many gold.

I still remembered when I posted meme of Phelps-Cseh-Le Clos with the words "Cmon's Guys, Let's Go To School" when Schooling won gold in Rio 2016 and I got a few angry comments :lol:

Phelps got schooled :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Well he did, and it was awesome.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

I have never seen people complaining when a Japanese swimmer wins gold.

Fu Yuanhui has become sort of an international phenomenon thanks to her personality and many "Western" people root for her.

I have seen people questioning Ireland's Michelle Smith's Olympic gold medals, and she is from Europe, not Asia.

You are trying too hard to make this a "West vs. East" issue when in fact it's a "doper vs. clean swimmers" issue.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well he did, and it was awesome.

Like every time Phelps lost :p

Too bad it didn't weaken the hype :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Fu Yuanhui has become sort of an international phenomenon thanks to her personality and many "Western" people root for her.

I have seen people questioning Ireland's Michelle Smith's Olympic gold medals, and she is not from Europe, not Asia.

You are trying too hard to make this a "West vs. East" issue when in fact it's a "doper vs. clean swimmers" issue. 

This. So badly. I think I can safely say I'm not against Brazil, yet I can. Not. Stand. Cielo Filho. Nothing to do with country. And like almost everyone I despise Sun, but your example was excellent: Fu is fantastic and I strongly hope she wins gold.

Australian swimmer wouldn't share podium with Chinese winner accused of doping:yikes:

Mack Horton has received a warning for refusing to share a podium with China's Sun Yang to protest the gold medalist's doping history

podium.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=780

Edited by bestmen

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I have seen people questioning Ireland's Michelle Smith's Olympic gold medals, and she is from Europe, not Asia.

Chill man, you take the joke too serious.

4 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Australian swimmer wouldn't share podium with Chinese winner accused of doping:yikes:

Mack Horton has received a warning for refusing to share a podium with China's Sun Yang to protest the gold medalist's doping history

podium.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=780

I order you to stop using IE, now