website statistics

Diving at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

2 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

And again, Zsombor Murray & Riendau not being fairly judged. Canada should protest, they both should have been in the podium, probably closer to Berlin or even above him.

Judging was....interesting.  Maybe the scores were messed up, but idk if it would have affected the placements too much.  Garcia was for sure over scored.  Nathan was for sure underscored.  Vincent gave 3 near perfect dives, and while difficulty was lower, it's crazy that he had to fight for bronze.  

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Judging was....interesting.  Maybe the scores were messed up, but idk if it would have affected the placements too much.  Garcia was for sure over scored.  Nathan was for sure underscored.  Vincent gave 3 near perfect dives, and while difficulty was lower, it's crazy that he had to fight for bronze.  

For me the whole final was biased towards Latin American divers. Both Canadian and Johnson were awarded lower scores all through the night.

Like we've been saying, probably Berlín deserved gold, but if judging had been more fair since earlier rounds, that probably would have given a boost to the other three gold hopes.

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

I think the order of medalists was correct. Zsombor Murray should have scored more. Maybe the judges are not used to him lol? He doesn't normally compete individually 

I'm under the impression Canadian coaches are pulishing him just like they did with Riendau before giving him "big tasks" like World Champs and Olympics.

He has the potential, just need to better the finish, as he still tends to give rather big splashes.

8 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Well, it's been a fun competition.  Thanks for keeping me company here, @mrv86!

Thanks as well to both of you @orangeman & @intoronto... this is one of those sports that don't get too much hype.

Hope is not the last time we discuss diving here.