website statistics

Breaking WDSF World Championships 2022

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Actually this competition is not following any procedure similar to other sports' Worlds Championships. There is no limit of athletes per country, for instance

I am not sure, but I think that the seeds come from the performance on the previous stage

exactly...

and of course France has already been spotted by the judges at no. 1 in both the boys and girls events.

no doubt that they will win a lot in the next couple of years and especially at the Home Olympics.

gotta love the activities where the ranking is already known before the start.

14 hours ago, phelps said:

exactly...

and of course France has already been spotted by the judges at no. 1 in both the boys and girls events.

no doubt that they will win a lot in the next couple of years and especially at the Home Olympics.

gotta love the activities where the ranking is already known before the start.

Are there any rules for judging it this time?

I remember that at the Youth Olympics it was basically "Which do you like best? The one going first or the one going second?" and that's how they decided who won

4 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Are there any rules for judging it this time?

I remember that at the Youth Olympics it was basically "Which do you like best? The one going first or the one going second?" and that's how they decided who won

I can only see that there are 9 judges voting for one boy/girl or another and the number of favourable judges determine the result...no idea about rules and criteria (and frankly I'm not interested to discover them)...:rolleyes:

however, medal matches are being contested right now, if someone is interested...

:JPN Ayumi has just taken the girls bronze medal

:JPN are also in the Gold Medal match vs :CHN 

:USA vs :UKR for bronze among the boys, where the GMM is between :JPN and :CAN 

I expected some French participation in the final 4, but this time the Asian connection and the North-American bias have been stronger. :raspberry:

:UKR is the only "geographical" exception...

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

I can only see that there are 9 judges voting for one boy/girl or another and the number of favourable judges determine the result...no idea about rules and criteria (and frankly I'm not interested to discover them)...:rolleyes:

As long as nobody knows the rules then nobody can criticize the judging :p

3 minutes ago, Dragon said:

As long as nobody knows the rules then nobody can criticize the judging :p

no, but we can criticize the fact that there are no objective parameters to judge that thing, therefore this is just another "entertainment activity" and definitely NOT a sport. :raspberry: