website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

I'm still dealing with some minor injury issues, but my goal this summer is to try and set some good PBs on my inline skates.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 10km PB that I planned for today. Cut just below half a minute. Felt great but the last 2km were more mind than body. That puts me in a fine position towards my target of 1.45 on the half marathon in just below 3 months. Still a lot of work to do, but it feels great!

• 1 month later...

5 weeks left before my target half and just got another PB yesterday... On the half marathon! The GPS most likely isn't completely precise, but according to Strava it was about 5 minutes faster than my half in 2022. On my Garmin it's about a minute faster than my PB from 2020. Still a long way to 1:45, but it certainly still feels possible!

• 2 weeks later...

Today Denmark is having the annual "Royal Run", a series of mass runs around the country with participation from the royal family (it started in 2018 celebrating the 50-year birthday of crown prince Frederik (now king). 

Though I'm really not a royalist, I hought I would give it a go, signing up for the 10km and using it as a nice interval pass (some over and unders) after a slightly slower start the first 2km. 

And well... Wasn't that much intervals as a 10km at close to the fast speed planned for half the distance. 

This meant a nice, new PB cutting almost 1½ minutes on the official time (2 minutes according to my watch). I even beat my 5km PB by quite a distance according to my watch. 

The downside is that I'm feeling a bit in my hips. Hope it just needs some days of rest, but we'll see in a couple of days how it feels. I'm in a better shape than I dared hope, so some more rest will not cause trouble

• 1 month later...

I finished my first ever triathlon today!:hyper:

It was a 1/4 distance and I enjoyed every minute of it! When I started the cycling I even had some hopes of running a sub-40:00 10K at the end, but there was so much headwind I really started to feel my legs by the end of the cycling. I still ended up overtaking tons of people during the running segment to finish in 2:33.42 in the end, way overshooting my goal of just finishing and hopefully below 2:45.xx. I started learning freestyle swimming in november last year and borrowed my dads road bike around that same time (I had a MTB, but no experience road cycling). Feels amazing to finally finish this goal!

Now it's time to find a new goal for next year. I'm still considering a marathon or maybe 10+ day backpacking hike in the mountains.

• 2 weeks later...

Never got around to writing about my half marathon.

Came a bit late (guess 50 minutes before the start wasn't enough) so it was rather stressful leaving my bag and getting to a toilet meaning that my warmup was far from ideal and when the first runners started I was still outside the starting area (though by the entrance). 

This meant that I started  1-2 minutes after the 1:50 pacers that I planned to start by following.

This also meant starting with a lot of people with slightly slower targets, so barely any rhythm for the first 5-7 km. 

Made bridging the gap for the 1:50 pacers my first target without stressing too much. Think I got to them at about the halfway mark and things felt well. At 16km my shoelaces started feeling very loose meaning that I stopped to tie them a few 100m later. Always tough to get back running after that.

But well, made some perfect negative splits for each of the 5kms and ended up at 1:46.58. Not quite the target of 1:45, but still a massive improvement to my PB. 

I don't know if I'll do more halfs this year. The next month won't be good for my training, but I am considering. 

Something I do know is my target for next year, where I have done the crazy thing of registering for Copenhagen Marathon.

And in the proces to this I will also go to Lisbon Half Marathon which will be the start of my SuperHalfs-journey where I hope to run Lisbon, Berlin, Prague, Copenhagen, Cardiff and Valencia Half Marathons within 5 years.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, now the vacation and Olympics can really start :d 

Spoiler

aHx6US2.png

OmJS4v1.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

45 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Not believing that Maximum Altitude stat: did you go as far as :SUI?  :mumble:

The Torenberg near Apeldoorn, I will have you believe that is officially 107 meters high, good sir.

https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torenberg_(heuvel)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!