website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

Talk for yourself! :p :lol:

that's the more righteous goal in the history of football...:evil: :pope:

Wait what? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Halftime pundits on Irish TV also mentioned the word justice after the missed penalty as they said they were amazed it was given :d 

I agree about officiating at this World Cup, it’s been inconsistent at best.

I guess you didn't follow that closely the 2002 World Cup in Korea (and Japan)...:rolleyes: :whistle:

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And everybody hates that Maradona goal as far as I know, or at least sees it as one of the clearest examples ever of a goal that should not have been allowed :p

Can't say for the rest, but the goal actually ruined the life of the Bulgarian assistant referee. People stopped talking to him then, the BG Football Union allegedly asked him to pay to continue refereeing. At his funeral in 2017 only a small group of people went and there was no actual acknowledgement by the football union, even though he was an actual player before that. He was forgotten by everyone after that match. He has also said, that he saw the hand in real time, but the rules at that time were, that the assistants can't signal or communicate with the head referee unless directly asked by him.   

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I stand on my previous opinion opinion that Saudis celebrated too much after the first match. 

I think they played good today, they lost because of lack of concentration.

I can only hope Poland will not repeat this mistake now.