website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Korea must feel a little awkward there as only East-Asian nation :d 

They are already frustrated on social media.:whistle: Some Chinese fans think it a good draw while some think it a bad one. But all agree that better than Korea's.

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

well well, if we replace UAE with Saudi Arabia this is the EXACTLY the group I didn't want.

I can't believe why we always fall in the same group with certain teams! South Korea AGAIN!? :facepalm: this is 4th in a row after 2010, 2014 and 2018! Iraq ? Syria ? Lebanon ? I really don't feel comfortable playing these teams. the way they play alaways makes things complicated.

but from the sporting point of view looks like we are favorite to qualify from this group. I just hope they learned their lesson from the previous round to not relax at the start of the competition.

I thought Iran must be satisfied. Iran is the obvious favorite of the group, even some unexpected things happened, still could be the 2nd.

10 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I thought Iran must be satisfied. Iran is the obvious favorite of the group, even some unexpected things happened, still could be the 2nd.

I understand that from a non-Iranian point of view it looks like a good group for Iran. but Iraq, Syria and Lebanon are sometimes very difficult for us. we had bad results against them before. even last time when we qualified quite comfortably still we didn't beat Syria (it was two draws against them). Iraq is always Iraq. there is a rivalry (and some kind of hatred) between these two teams. our matches are always ugly with lots of fights. Lebanon is a weak team but they also beat us in 2014 World Cup qualifier by a random free kick goal and parking the bus.

and South Korea. I'm sure they hate to play Iran more than how we hate to play them :d in past 4 WCQ matches Iran beat them 1-0 3 times lol (and the other match ended up 0-0) but we don't have Queiroz anymore.

to be honest I didn't want two teams, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. we avoided one of them at least.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...