website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

Fernandez escaping a second yellow immediately after his first.

The referee really needs to start getting a grip on this match, the Argentinian talking is getting out of hand now.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

Prediction game: guess the minute of the first French shot.

In the World Cup, you mean? 16:25 local time, 9 June 2026.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Fernandez escaping a second yellow immediately after his first.

The referee really needs to start getting a grip on this match, the Argentinian talking is getting out of hand now.. 

For the last 50 years FIFA have always made sure they have a referee for the final who will not make brave decisions.

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

For the last 50 years FIFA have always made sure they have a referee for the final who will not make brave decisions.

Codesal awarding that penalty in 1990 was brave ;)

And so was Jack Taylor awarding a penalty against the West Germany seconds into the 1974 final ;)

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Can't they just put a rugby referee on the field who will shut all that whining nonsense on the field up? :p 

There was a short time where referees did something against it, you'd talk too much and you'd get a warning and then a yellow if you didn't shut up, but that has gone completely out of the window again. Especially the Argentinians now spend more time talking than playing football (luckily for France or otherwise it'd have been 4-0 :p ).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Exactly. They should be using a the offensive section of one side of the rink and less players, with the option of having an outdoor venue. Otherwise it looks like we turned the rink around and are playing the game sideways
    • Something that bothers me about 3x3 hockey as a new discipline is that it's a lot more similar to the "main" version of the sport than 3x3 basketball or beach volleyball.   Heck, it's so similar that it's used as a tie breaker regularly in regular hockey!   From a Canadian standpoint it would basically be who are the best overtime players and goallies who didn't make the A team on both the men's and women's side (on the women's side it would probably straight up just be the B team)
    • Im sad for the tournament, you are one of the "pillars" of the TISC but im happy for you Kamil, the bst wishes for this stage.
    • I am really sorry to announce this, but I am forced to pull of from this edition.   I am sadly now too busy with outside life currently (mainly fresh new job which is consuming major part of my daily time), that I do not have time to visit and participate in the forum as much as I would wish, did not have time to even listening the songs at least once.   I knew this will happen when I was considering my participation, sadly, it appeared to be true.   Sorry for that @Cinnamon Bun one more time. I was really looking forward for your edition   It is definitely not a farewell, rather a temporary hiatus until my free-time will be more open and friendly, sadly, it is not going to be sooner than next year for sure.     Anyway, when I will have some time i will try to watch a take a look on the thread and contest.   Wish you all good luck and happy contest.
    • Russian swimming federation now allows swimmers to achieve neutral status
    • I'll be able to send votes by early next week now that Hurricane Milton is out of my area
    • The Red Wings' maverick approach of having practically no competent defenders or goalies has started about as well as you would imagine that it would.   Looks like it could be a long season....  
    • Nastiest first career NHL goal, damn Celebrini     
    • 0-0 in Tashkent is not a bad result considering Iran played the entire second half with 10 men  but Iran got robbed of a penalty in 94th minute. it was clear handball to me, the ref called it but then the VAR room made him change his originally (correct) decision     for some reasons we have to play our next home match against Qatar in neutral venue (UAE) on Tuesday.  a win there will put Iran in a very good position to qualify. I'm still confident they can get the 3pts against the so-called Asian Champion.   and looking at other results, S-Korea scored a big win in Jordan (they got eliminated by the same team at the Asian Cup) and Japan also beat KSA in KSA. I think JPN/KOR are safe to qualify as usual. it's between Australia and KSA in Group C and Iraq/Jordan in Group B