website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

35 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I don't know if it would surpass 2010 hockey (womens and mens) because that was on home soil and our sport.  But this win is already top-5 Canadian Olympic moment.  

Young 'uns here will forget that for years CBC used to play Grey Joy's 1976 silver medal in the high jump to close their daily broadcast (that used to be a thing) for years and years.  It wasn't until the 90s that gold medals got more common, Bailey's 100m gold in 1996 is also top-5 for sure along with the 4x100 gold that same year.  I remember watching in disbelief.    

I will always remember this moment.  Before the game, I was at the grocery store, and I went earlier so I could watch the game, and there were nobody on the road.  Everyone were glued to their tv. lol Great moment.

Update on Canada's basketball chances: France lost to USA by less than needed, have +3 point diff on Canada.  

Now we need Australia to beat PR by less than 24.  Right now in Q3 they are up by 7.  PR was actually up at a point, so that'd be great too.