website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I was close to my prediction.  Knew it right when Biles said she was going to do the beam.  

This seemed like inevitable - too bad for Ellie Black. And ugh another 4th.......I'm not sure I can handle another one.....

CBC said Ellie Black has indicated she will stick around to Paris which surprises me. 

3 minutes ago, james89 said:

This seemed like inevitable - too bad for Ellie Black. And ugh another 4th.......I'm not sure I can handle another one.....

CBC said Ellie Black has indicated she will stick around to Paris which surprises me. 

It's frustrating because to Biles this is a nothing bronze she'll throw in a drawer and it would have meant the world to Ellie, gymnastics Canada and the country.  

Obviously Simone is right to compete and she did a great job, I'm just talking about perspective.  

3 minutes ago, orangeman said:

It's frustrating because to Biles this is a nothing bronze she'll throw in a drawer and it would have meant the world to Ellie, gymnastics Canada and the country.  

Obviously Simone is right to compete and she did a great job, I'm just talking about perspective.  

I’m not sure if this is a nothing bronze to her given the sheer attention that’s been on her at these games. But you are correct that this would have meant the world to Ellie and gymnastics Canada. 

I feel like Canada went in with an extremely strong team across many sports and is just not landing in the competition.