website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I've a lot of updating to do on the qualification tracker! I am assuming I should go ahead and count the swim relay quotas for now and revise it if we don't qualify the requisite number of individual athletes to make up the relay squads. Would you all agree?

The women's medley relay squad already have 2 qualified athletes so they should be good anyway. I think the men's will be fine also but we might have to sweat it out to see if a couple of our guys will be high enough up the rankings to receive invitations in their individual events.

At the moment, two Irish male swimmers have the OQT. Granted, I don' see Dan Wiffen putting together a couple of quick hundreds (!), but technically, they have two qualified male swimmers, and are entitled to two for relays. so I think include them until and unless they self exclude.

9 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

At the moment, two Irish male swimmers have the OQT. Granted, I don' see Dan Wiffen putting together a couple of quick hundreds (!), but technically, they have two qualified male swimmers, and are entitled to two for relays. so I think include them until and unless they self exclude.

Who is the one besides Wiffen? Fannins time doesnt count for Swim Ireland and Ferguson only made the OCT.

7 hours ago, Oldira said:

Who is the one besides Wiffen? Fannins time doesnt count for Swim Ireland and Ferguson only made the OCT.

It doesn't count for swim ireland, but it does for IOC. And its Paris 2024 who give out the quotas. If Ireland reject one, that's fine, but that's a case of handing a place back, not having failed to win it.

On 2/12/2024 at 2:20 PM, mattiekav119 said:

Rob Hendrick not selected for C1 Slalom for second consecutive games after again securing the spot at World Championships.

Is this official? Can you post a source for this, just want to update the qualification tracker :yes

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Olympic-framed-flag.jpg

Paris 2024 Qualification - Team Ireland

Jack Woolley qualifies for his second Olympic Games in taekwondo and becomes the 91st member of Team Ireland!

IRELAND

Ireland-Flag-icon.png

Total Athletes

Men

Women

Total Events

Total Sports

074035iyk0w0zfkzk1c919.png

Taekwondo

Event Athlete Qualification Route
 074035iyk0w0zfkzk1c919.png  Men's -58kg

Jack Woolley