website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

European Union should act united against the Russian Aggression. Let's hope in a strong sanctions portfolio. 

On the bright side, Russia is probably fucking their own economy with this.

On the dark side, the people who will suffer from that are the many millions of regular Russians who probably don't care too much about these things and just want to live their regular life like you and me. Obviously the Putin's and his cronies aren't going to suffer one bit from a sanction more or less.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On the dark side, the people who will suffer from that are the many millions of regular Russians who probably don't care too much about these things and just want to live their regular life like you and me. Obviously the Putin's and his cronies aren't going to suffer one bit from a sanction more or less.

If Putin cares about the economy and sanctions, he would not initiate the war at the very beginning.

11 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

European Union should act united against the Russian Aggression. Let's hope in a strong sanctions portfolio. 

Which will results in mainly fucking ourselves up since we need Russian gas. Russians seem to support this a lot, so they will also drink their daily dose of bad West narrative and keep supporting the beloved leader even if in worse living condition.

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I have never understood why Dutch hadn't kicked all the Russian business out of the Netherlands after they shut down the plane carrying so many of your homies.

Business first, isn't it?

Don't be angry at me, that's nothing personal, I just don't understand this thing.

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On the dark side, the people who will suffer from that are the many millions of regular Russians who probably don't care too much about these things and just want to live their regular life like you and me

If I were you, I would think more about Ukrainians than Russians at this very day, today.

Russians ordinary people are not the one who seeks shelter from the bombs falling on their heads today, you know.

Safety first, then we will think about poor people who will suffer from "economy sanctions". At least noone will shoot them in the head, you know.

9 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Which will results in mainly fucking ourselves up since we need Russian gas. Russians seem to support this a lot, so they will also drink their daily dose of bad West narrative and keep supporting the beloved leader even if in worse living condition.

Yeah, and the issue is that the Western population is much likely to crack under worsening conditions than the Russian population. I mean, France will have an election soon, they might as well elect a pro-Russia president to make sure that the EU won't experience a lasting economical crisis. The European population might realize soon that their conformable life is more important to them than Ukraine. 

19 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

If I were you, I would think more about Ukrainians than Russians at this very day, today.

Obviously. My comment was about sanctions against Russia, not about the war in general, where obviously the Ukrainians are the very clear victims.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I have never understood why Dutch hadn't kicked all the Russian business out of the Netherlands after they shut down the plane carrying so many of your homies.

Business first, isn't it?

Don't be angry at me, that's nothing personal, I just don't understand this thing.

Same thing many Dutch are wondering :p 

But yeah, money.