website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

however, looking at the first 3 training runs, it's clear that women's luge already has a winner before the competition starts...

and guess what? it's from :GER :facepalm:

:LAT should edge out :ITA for silver and bronze, but I wouldn't count the second :GER out yet :mumble:

38 minutes ago, phelps said:

well, my schedule doesn't think the same...:cry: :facepalm:

Hockey season, Basketball season, NFL playoffs, Handball and Waterpolo Europeans, Wintersports season (with all the not-to-be-missed "classics"), Fencing season, Football Asian and African Cup...

last weekend was already dramatic to follow, the next one is even worse...

Your schedule is pretty tame compared to mine actually. 

Australian Open, all Canucks/Bills/Warriors matches, Turkish club season volleyball, men’s/women’s field hockey OQTs, a whole bunch of winter sport WCs (all the Olympic ones + ice cross), WTT Contenders Doha, Asian Shotgun Championships, BWF India Open, and Grand Slam Of Curling Canadian Open. There’ll probably also be more sports/events that will get added to the list as the week goes on :cry:

Handball and Waterpolo Europeans would be there too, but unfortunately can’t find any streaming links anywhere. If you have a free one then please share. 

Edited by Josh

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Your schedule is pretty tame compared to mine actually. 

Australian Open, all Canucks/Bills/Warriors matches, Turkish club season volleyball, men’s/women’s field hockey OQTs, a whole bunch of winter sport WCs (all the Olympic ones + ice cross), WTT Contenders Doha, Asian Shotgun Championships, BWF India Open, and Grand Slam Of Curling Canadian Open. There’ll probably also be more sports/events that will get added to the list as the week goes on :cry:

Handball and Waterpolo Europeans would be there too, but unfortunately can’t find any streaming links anywhere. If you have a free one then please share. 

Handball Europeans

https://ehftv.com/home (needs registration, but it's free...if it works in your Country)

Waterpolo Europeans (men's Final :CRO vs :ESP)

https://www.rtve.es/play/videos/directo/deportes/waterpolo-final-europeo-masculino-espana-croacia/ (free, but definitely will need a good vpn, here)

all placement and medal games from Today (not sure if you need a vpn and from which Country :mumble:)

https://www.eurovisionsport.com/explore/portal_7?name=EBU-Home-Aquatics&headerLabel=Aquatics&portalId=EBU-Home-Aquatics

Edited by phelps

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

Waterpolo Europeans

all placement and medal games from Today (not sure if you need a vpn and from which Country :mumble:)

https://www.eurovisionsport.com/explore/portal_7?name=EBU-Home-Aquatics&headerLabel=Aquatics&portalId=EBU-Home-Aquatics

also needs registration, but it's free

Edited by phelps

18 hours ago, hckošice said:

but oh my ... seriously... this schedule is really catastrophic.

Everything at same time and all only in the night, nothing, absolutely nothing in the local afternoon/evening - European morning/afternoon :(

and Saturday 27th is completely brutal. Saturday and only 2 Dual Moguls finals :lol: https://olympics.com/gangwon-2024/en/results/all-sports/daily-schedule-date=2024-01-27.htm

How does it matter? Streaming is available only for Curling, Ice Hockey, Ski Jumping and Skating sports. No overlapping whatsover

4 hours ago, phelps said:

well, my schedule doesn't think the same...:cry: :facepalm:

Hockey season, Basketball season, NFL playoffs, Handball and Waterpolo Europeans, Wintersports season (with all the not-to-be-missed "classics"), Fencing season, Football Asian and African Cup...

last weekend was already dramatic to follow, the next one is even worse...

To be fair, if every continental event in all the sports and lots of national championships and entire World Cup seasons of nearly all Olympic sports are on your calendar, there really isn't going to be a time where you've got two weeks available for this :p 

If it was in March, it would be bad timing because of South German dressage championships, and in November because of the Abkhazian curling classics :d (nothing against you, it's the same for me, there is never an 'empty moment' except for basically two weekends a year when most winter sports are done and the summer things didn't really start yet and vice versa :d)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

How does it matter? Streaming is available only for Curling, Ice Hockey, Ski Jumping and Skating sports. No overlapping whatsover

Yeah, the IOC probably wants the Youth Olympics to mostly be a thing where people go "Oh right, let me quickly check the results" and that's it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!