website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2024

Totallympics

So Day 1 (Saturday 20th) streams are out,

we already know there will be no Streams for Luge (all sliding sports I guess), Snowboarding (Board Cross for sure) & Biathlon :lol: .. so not only it will be in the middle of the night of Europe but there will be no video coverage. 

Also quite logically the 3vs3 hockey tournament seems not being broadcasted as well, but I guess (hope) at least the regular Tournaments will be... since in opposite of the beforementioned sports it is quite popular also outside of Europe ... :p

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by hckošice

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

So Day 1 (Saturday 20th) streams are out,

we already know there will be no Streams for Luge (all sliding sports I guess), Snowboarding (Board Cross for sure) & Biathlon :lol: .. so not only it will be in the middle of the night of Europe but there will be no video coverage. 

Also quite logically the 3vs3 hockey tournament seems not being broadcasted as well, but I guess (hope) at least the regular Tournaments will be... since in opposite of the beforementioned sports it is quite popular also outside of Europe ... :p

image.png

image.png

image.png

Oh come on, why do these events always show a billion curling matches and not show stuff like biathlon or even sliding sports for which you only need a handful of cameras :facepalm: 

We're still a week away and I'm already so incredibly disappointed :lol: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

42 minutes ago, phelps said:

it looks Discovery+/Eurosport player also have some streams on (unfortunately the same of the OC)

Well, too bad they have the same content, but Eurosport's player and overall system is WAY better and more user-friendly than the Olympic Channel things (both in terms of finding things, and at least having basic hotkeys for forward/backward/pause), so at least I'm happy I have a good alternative :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Oh come on, why do these events always show a billion curling matches and not show stuff like biathlon or even sliding sports for which you only need a handful of cameras :facepalm: 

We're still a week away and I'm already so incredibly disappointed :lol: 

It’s kind of ridiculous too given that the IWGA, PanamSports, CIJM, OCA, etc. can basically provide full streaming of their events at this point. 

Honestly, the last winter EYOF might have had better streaming coverage.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s kind of ridiculous too given that the IWGA, PanamSports, CIJM, OCA, etc. can basically provide full streaming of their events at this point. 

Honestly, the last winter EYOF might have had better streaming coverage.

Yeah, and it shouldn't be too hard. One doesn't even need to go with a full-scale top level production for everything, but at least a few cameras along the cross-country track or something isn't too difficult. Last week we were watching a Continental Cup cross-country skiing event in Oberwiesenthal: nothing fancy, but there were a few cameras and that made the races be watchable, that's all we need...

Are there any full schedules for ice hockey and curling yet? The official website is useless since it either goes to that simple calendar thing that says "yes, there is ice hockey on day X" or enters a loop where clicking on 'Schedule' brings one back to the home page, and on Wikipedia things are still eerily empty :p 

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Are there any full schedules for ice hockey and curling yet? The official website is useless since it either goes to that simple calendar thing that says "yes, there is ice hockey on day X" or enters a loop where clicking on 'Schedule' brings one back to the home page, and on Wikipedia things are still eerily empty :p 

Best I can do at the moment: https://olimpiyatkomitesi.org.tr/Upload/Olimpik/339617_Gangwon_2024_program.pdf

I might have a more detailed copy saved away somehow, but I’ll have to look for it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Best I can do at the moment: https://olimpiyatkomitesi.org.tr/Upload/Olimpik/339617_Gangwon_2024_program.pdf

I might have a more detailed copy saved away somehow, but I’ll have to look for it.

Thanks! For now I might just put it in my own agenda on a day by day basis, like just a thing at the end saying "Check today's results" instead of every match, but this will definitely be useful.