website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2022

3 hours ago, Vektor said:

Good luck trying to pronounce city names such as "Székesfehérvár" and "Nyíregyháza". :d

or the most WTF border in this planet, the 50cm wide "river" between SVK Slovenské Nové Mesto and HUN unpronouncable Sátoraljaújhely :p

5 hours ago, Vektor said:

Good luck trying to pronounce city names such as "Székesfehérvár" and "Nyíregyháza". :d

Секешфехервар :p Not that hard, i think we had some BG football players at their club, and also the athletics meeting there.

Second one is harder, i'm not sure exactly on the pronunciation, will have to check it.

7 hours ago, Vektor said:

I have decided to use city names for the Team Challenge and as I am trying to pick the English names for the teams I have realized that the combination of Hungarians city names and English words sounds incredibly silly. :lol: And it wouldn't be much better with regional names either. 

Keep the Hungarian names it'll be more fun :d

11 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Keep the Hungarian names it'll be more fun :d

Well, cities and regions don't have official English names here so there really isn't any option than to use their Hungarian name. :d The "franchise names" will be in English as always so you could have an easier time rooting for your team. 

Huh? I just found out that Lorde obtained dual Croatian citizenship a couple of years ago. :jawdrop:

Guess it's something new to consider for the Open then... Missed chance to have another double-header artist in Hungary though. :p

#banbestmen

On 4/17/2022 at 1:00 PM, hckošice said:

Oh Man you really hyped me again and put me in the Easer mood back. :d  I want it to be tomorrow  :p

Those two years cancelled becuse of covid really sucked, Time to return to the "normal almost forgotten pre-covid era" :old:.

TV Reporter got it "Live" :lol:

https://www.ta3.com/clanok/234101/tradicie-ozili-oblievacka-a-sibacka-sa-po-pandemickej-prestavke-vratili-vo-vranove-vodou-nesetrili

LOL, something finally dawned upon me. When I made the original schedule I made sure that there wasn't some big sport event on the day of the Grand Final, but I wasn't as careful with the postponement. I was like "Hm, May 7th? Whatever, there might be F1 Qualifying on that day, but that's about it." And, um... I was wrong, because the first weekend of Giro is on May 6-8. Which is fine, it's just the Giro, except hold on, Hungary is hosting the start of Giro this year. How did I forget about this? @heywoodu must be facepalming. :lol:

Anyway, long story short, I accidentally organized TISC in a way that the Budapest time trial of the Giro will be the "half time show" of our Grand Final. It will be a three hours long break between the second and third voting sessions, which is kinda long, but, you know, we just had a week long break for Open 2021, compared to that this is nothing. And I am sure cycling fans on the site don't want to choose between watching a historic stage of Giro (first start ever in Hungary) and following this contest. 

Btw, you can already see the voting timetable in the first post. (Hopefully I won't have to change it because all 39 of you will submit your votes in time.)

27 minutes ago, Vektor said:

LOL, something finally dawned upon me. When I made the original schedule I made sure that there wasn't some big sport event on the day of the Grand Final, but I wasn't as careful with the postponement. I was like "Hm, May 7th? Whatever, there might be F1 Qualifying on that day, but that's about it." And, um... I was wrong, because the first weekend of Giro is on May 6-8. Which is fine, it's just the Giro, except hold on, Hungary is hosting the start of Giro this year. How did I forget about this? @heywoodu must be facepalming. :lol:

Anyway, long story short, I accidentally organized TISC in a way that the Budapest time trial of the Giro will be the "half time show" of our Grand Final. It will be a three hours long break between the second and third voting sessions, which is kinda long, but, you know, we just had a week long break for Open 2021, compared to that this is nothing. And I am sure cycling fans on the site don't want to choose between watching a historic stage of Giro (first start ever in Hungary) and following this contest. 

Btw, you can already see the voting timetable in the first post. (Hopefully I won't have to change it because all 39 of you will submit your votes in time.)

Aren't you going to watch the opening stage? :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Aren't you going to watch the opening stage? :yikes: 

I will watch the Hungarian stages, at home via Eurosport. That's why I can just create that three hour long break for the Grand Final and I don't have to think about when I will get home. The closest stage from where I live is Stage 3, but even that one is kinda far off, I don't live that close to Lake Balaton or Budapest. 

Edit: Oh, you meant specifically the first stage because that's the actual start of the Giro, not the time trial on Saturday? I didn't want to cause confusion in my original post, I called the time trial the "start" because I see the entire three stages event as the "start" and the time trial is part of it.