website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2022

Happy Easter!

The host of the 2022 Totallympics Annual International Song Contest wishes you a very happy Easter holiday if you are fortune enough to live in a country that celebrates this quite strange event where we commemorate the resurrection of Christ with... bunnies who bring eggs? Don't question it!

Easter Penguin GIF

Huh, that bunny looks a bit strange. But I am told it can lay eggs, perfect for the holiday!

Here in Hungary we have the usual stuff for Easter, children hunting for eggs and all that, but we also have a custom called "sprinkling" (locsolkodás). I am now looking up the English Wikipedia to see what the official English name for it is and it's... um... Dyngus Day? And here I though this custom couldn't get any more silly. For anyone not living in Central/Easter Europe, this strange celebration is an excuse for boys to yeet a bucket of water on girls. Before they do such an act they have to ask the girls for consent with a poem. Today people usually use perfume, but some still do it the traditional way as this video shows...

Do you have any strange Easter traditions in your country? And what do you eat? In Hungary we eat eggs, ham and an Eastern European bread called "kalács". I am consuming some kalács with homemade rosehip fruit spread right now as I write this post, it's indeed very tasty. 

o_baranyos-etelek-ba-23.jpg

42 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Here in Hungary we have the usual stuff for Easter, children hunting for eggs and all that, but we also have a custom called "sprinkling" (locsolkodás). I am now looking up the English Wikipedia to see what the official English name for it is and it's... um... Dyngus Day? And here I though this custom couldn't get any more silly. For anyone not living in Central/Easter Europe, this strange celebration is an excuse for boys to yeet a bucket of water on girls. Before they do such an act they have to ask the girls for consent with a poem. Today people usually use perfume, but some still do it the traditional way as this video shows...

Seriously, how hilarious it is to all V4 having basically same traditions in almost everything

here it is called "Oblievačka" Every Easter Monday morning tradition  :thumbup:

On 4/13/2022 at 7:57 PM, Memo said:

Hello everybody! i think i must say 'mehmet' and 'memo' are the same person. i hope this confusion will be ended after this aclaration.

Remember to send your votes to the host @Vektor by private message before Saturday 23rd April :yes

4 hours ago, Vektor said:

Happy Easter!

The host of the 2022 Totallympics Annual International Song Contest wishes you a very happy Easter holiday if you are fortune enough to live in a country that celebrates this quite strange event where we commemorate the resurrection of Christ with... bunnies who bring eggs? Don't question it!

Easter Penguin GIF

Huh, that bunny looks a bit strange. But I am told it can lay eggs, perfect for the holiday!

Do you have any strange Easter traditions in your country? And what do you eat? In Hungary we eat eggs, ham and an Eastern European bread called "kalács". I am consuming some kalács with homemade rosehip fruit spread right now as I write this post, it's indeed very tasty. 

o_baranyos-etelek-ba-23.jpg

Oh Man you really hyped me again and put me in the Easer mood back. :d  I want it to be tomorrow  :p

Those two years cancelled becuse of covid really sucked, Time to return to the "normal almost forgotten pre-covid era" :old:.

I have decided to use city names for the Team Challenge and as I am trying to pick the English names for the teams I have realized that the combination of Hungarians city names and English words sounds incredibly silly. :lol: And it wouldn't be much better with regional names either. 

Good luck trying to pronounce city names such as "Székesfehérvár" and "Nyíregyháza". :d