website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

48 minutes ago, dareza said:

btw Romania lost all quotas, and Belarus will participate only in women's events.

Is that last part new? I thought Belarus was banned entirely in canoeing? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dareza said:

No. They published Olympic team and on the list are 4 female athletes.

Well, good job in confusing me, ICF :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 минуты назад, LowerSaxony сказал:

Well, the quotas in the Men's K2 200m and C1 200m as well as the Women's K1 200m and K2 500m were won by the help of athletes who were named in the McLaren report - cheaters, to be straight up here. Thus, I think it's only fair that these quotas are reallocated to the next eligible NOCs from the respective event at the WC. I'm also sure that this decision will be upheld by CAS.

I understand it, but the quotas were conquered in Italy. Accordingly, they tested the local anti-doping agency, which means they were clean. And this despite the fact that until now McLaren's report are only words. And the same shooting federation confirmed that the report has errors. Yes, and McLaren said that he had little time to check all these facts

il y a 6 minutes, FC Mezhgorye a déclaré:

I understand it, but the quotas were conquered in Italy. Accordingly, they tested the local anti-doping agency, which means they were clean. And this despite the fact that until now McLaren's report are only words. And the same shooting federation confirmed that the report has errors. Yes, and McLaren said that he had little time to check all these facts

For fuck's sake, no ! A athlete not getting caught only means he has not get caught, not that he is clean. We have an endless number of exemple of athletes doped to the eyeballs who have passed literraly hundred of tests and didn't get caught.

That mantra really needs to die.

Только что, De_Gambassi сказал:

For fuck's sake, no ! A athlete not getting caught only means he has not get caught, not that he is clean. We have an endless number of exemple of athletes doped to the eyeballs who have passed literraly hundred of tests and didn't get caught.

That mantra really needs to die.

you read the report? there are accused of missing samples, but not in the reception of doping. A sample disappeared only in Moscow. Even McLaren never said that one of them used the dope. He said that the sample that could be positive disappeared. If athletes were tested in other countries, no one and nothing could be done.

il y a 4 minutes, FC Mezhgorye a déclaré:

you read the report? there are accused of missing samples, but not in the reception of doping. A sample disappeared only in Moscow. Even McLaren never said that one of them used the dope. He said that the sample that could be positive disappeared. If athletes were tested in other countries, no one and nothing could be done.

Spoiler

missingthepoint-1.gif

Edited by De_Gambassi

vor 11 Minuten schrieb FC Mezhgorye:

Accordingly, they tested the local anti-doping agency, which means they were clean. And this despite the fact that until now McLaren's report are only words.

Well, that's the point of view the Russian media try to sell their readers.

However, the McLaren report is not about positive samples at international competitions. It deals with the procedure that Russian athletes are tested by the Russian Anti-Doping Agency before they were sent to international competitions to be sure that they will not be tested positive by the local anti-doping agencies at the respective international competitions. If they were tested positive in Russia, then the sample was suppressed and not reported to the WADA. After the first reports about a possible state-sponsered doping in December 2014, the WADA secured the samples from September 2014  to December 2014 which were stored in Moscow in order to analyse them. The McLaren report states that 643 of those samples were positive or contamined with, for instance, salt to destroy them and prevent further analysis of the samples. Of those 643 samples 27 came from athletes who compete in Canoeing. So, I can assure you the report contains more than 'only words'.

1 минуту назад, LowerSaxony сказал:

Well, that's the point of view the Russian media try to sell their readers.

However, the McLaren report is not about positive samples at international competitions. It deals with the procedure that Russian athletes are tested by the Russian Anti-Doping Agency before they were sent to international competitions to be sure that they will not be tested positive by the local anti-doping agencies at the respective international competitions. If they were tested positive in Russia, then the sample was suppressed and not reported to the WADA. After the first reports about a possible state-sponsered doping in December 2014, the WADA secured the samples from September 2014  to December 2014 which were stored in Moscow in order to analyse them. The McLaren report states that 643 of those samples were positive or contamined with, for instance, salt to destroy them and prevent further analysis of the samples. Of those 643 samples 27 came from athletes who compete in Canoeing. So, I can assure you the report contains more than 'only words'.

I read this report. salt there is mentioned only in relation to the Sochi 2014. You said: " Well, the quotas in the Men's K2 200m and C1 200m as well as the Women's K1 200m and K2 500m were won by the help of athletes who were named in the McLaren report - cheaters, to be straight up here"  an"the WADA secured the samples from September 2014  to December 2014 which were stored in Moscow in order to analyse them." WC was august 2015 and therefore I say that if athletes are suspended, then Russia has the right to replace these athletes, but not to lose quotas.