website statistics

Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, avlar said:

According to the message from our NOC WA awarded some quotas to ensure gender balance.

That may be one more reason for some unusual quota allocations

Kornelia Fiedkiewicz got the quota. Maybe they finally realized they need more people in W 100 free??? 😉

What about OCTs in 200m freestyle men? Niko Janković🇭🇷 is 1st behind Koski,but he is not in officially. Is there any chance for him to qualify and where could we find who is qualified for sure?

3 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Good to see World Aquatics make a good decision

:SLO Neza Klancar is another athlete I've heard will race the 100m freestyle without either the A or B standard

That's really interesting. Was waiting whether Barbora Janíčková could get the invitation, too. As she does not have OQT neither OCT but she won a silver medal in 100m freestyle at the ECH in June...... 

5 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Good to see World Aquatics make a good decision

:SLO Neza Klancar is another athlete I've heard will race the 100m freestyle without either the A or B standard

She also has the standard in the 50m Free so either what I said earlier is happening or what was said about point 10 is happening instead. I'm leaning more towards the latter but we won't truly know until a non Universality country athlete has won a quota without obtaining the OQT or OCT standards.