website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted · Deleted by Sindo on 09/08/2022 - will be permanently removed on 09/07/2024
Deleted by Sindo on 09/08/2022 - will be permanently removed on 09/07/2024
11 minutes ago, bestmen said:

She already presented condolences to him when he lost someone close by telepathy... 

Hide contents

I mean she didn't care  :raspberry:

It wasn't telepathically, it was over the phone. She texted me.

Posted
5 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I get one can feel the need to present condolences to the british people but do you really feel any significant emotional connection to a foreign monarch?

Emotional? No, I feel that connection not even for the representatives of my own country. :d

But I had enormous respect for her and I think she will be missed for everything she represented.

Posted
20 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Bolsonaro isn't even sworn in yet and already Brazilian sports federations are preparing for the worst, because funding is most likely going to be cut very short from next year on :cry: For example no special bonuses anymore for winning South American championships and stuff like that.

Besides the proposal to extinguish the Ministry of Sport (the sport would be under the Ministry of Education and Culture). That is, sports will be totally in the background.

The worst thing is that there are athletes who agree with this and try to justify, as is the case with Wallace, volleyball.

Posted
10 minutos atrás, intoronto disse:

Tbqh from an outsider, Brazilian politics has seemed to be a constant mess and this is just the cherry on top. How can anyone with a morale sense elect someone like that? This coming from someone who considers them self a conservative.

For some reasons:

1) He is against LGBT people, and our country is homophobic.

2) He is against abortion.

3) He is against crime, the bad guys, despite the very tough measures to counter this.

4) Most churches support him, and churches have a huge influence.

5) I think the rejection of the political party called PT also helped in that.

Posted

Brazil giving us shame once again. A country known for nude women, violence, lack of education and football would be no different. :bowdown::bowdown: 

And of course, my state, Espirito Santo, contributed heavily to this misfortune. The state that kills most women in the country never disappoints.  :champion:

But at least the second round is possible, so I can suffer later. :rofl:

Posted
3 horas atrás, thiago_simoes disse:

The problem is not what he can do, but how his ideas make other people do what they do.

Brazil is the most dangerous country in the world for LGBT people to live in. No other country registered such a high rate of crimes against LGBT people, and to top it off, homicide rates are among the highest in the world (and they are the highest in the world when it comes to gay and transgender people). In such a hostile environment, he adds fuel to the hatred against LGBT people. Last week, there was a huge protest on the streets against Bolsonaro, but a number of people in a subway platform chanted "faggots, take care, Bolsonaro will kill your kind". One of the major reasons for people to vote on him is that he promised everybody will be allowed to have a gun. Usually people think this will keep them safe, but in reality we'll have even more people murdering gays, transgenders, lesbians and women (Bolsonaro is also a misogynistic pig, for those who don't know already).  

Sometimes I think I've lost hope in the Brazilian.

At first I thought they would vote for this garbage for some reason I did not know, or that I had not tried right. My mistake. I tried to listen to the reasons for voting for Bolsonaro, and I was disappointed, just because he was going to "end up with LGBT people" (Yes, they do not even hide) or allow our citizens to own a gun, because he will "defend the family", But when I ask about Education, Health, Safety, or anything "Bozo" plans for the country, they do not know. Then I realize that Bolsonaro is a ridiculous person, but I know worse people. He's just being a reason for people to practice the hatred they've always wanted.