Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
thepharoah

Taekwondo 2018 Discussion Thread

DaniSRB    472

Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia won medal :thumbup:

DaniSRB    472
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

:hyper:

Just found on our NOC site that Gabriela Briškárová won bronze medal at this JWCh. this must be the first ever world chaps level medal for us !

this was probably so extremely unexpected and our team probably was not prepared for such things like being on a podium, that they probably traveled to Tunis without prepared flags for such moments :d

30697815_1830868170291819_70144406009885

actually she won bronze 2 years ago as well :d

• Like 1

hckosice    1,562
6 hours ago, DaniSRB said:

actually she won bronze 2 years ago as well :d

Cool, so it wasn´t a so random fluke then, nice to see that we have at least someone able to do something in a combat sport :yes

• Like 1

phelps    353
3 ore fa, hckosice ha scritto:

Cool, so it wasn´t a so random fluke then, nice to see that we have at least someone able to do something in a combat sport :yes

well, actually SVK have a pretty good female team in Karate, with 3 girls in the top 8 of the World in their respective category (one, Dominika Tatarova, is even 2nd in the WR of the +68kg class at the moment)...:evil:;)

unfortunately, 2 of these 3 girls (the best 2...Tatarova and Kopunova, currently 7th in the -68kg class) will have to fight for just 1 place at the Olympics (the 2 heaviest "regular" classes are merged in the Olympic "heavyweights" version), unless Kopunova decides to lose some weight and go down to the -61kg class (but this would make it very difficult for her to earn an Olympic spot, since she would have to start a new ranking from 0, which means she won't have any chance to qualify through the WR and also that she would get bad draws in any tournament)...

• Like 1

MHSN    225

two more medals for Iran in the last day. gold and bronze.

1) this was worst ever result for Iranian girls at the world Juniors with only one bronze medal

2) this was best ever result for Iranian boys with 7 gold and 2 bronze medals :yikes: only one failed to win a medal

Fabinter    5

Dear Friends,

may I ask you whether I can somewhere find the COMPLETE results (not only the medalists ...) of some of the last ASIAN TAEKWONDO Championships (namely Astana 2010, Ho Chi Minh 2012, Tashkent 2014 and Ho Chi Minh 2018) ? I don't seem being able to find them within the usual specialized taekwondo sites (tpss.eu, mastkd.com, taekwondodata.com, ma-regonline.com) as well as the Asian Taekwondo Union one (frankly useless ...). I hope some of you can suggest better sites or ideas !

Thanks in advance and ciao,

Fabio

prso1000    30

I cannot believe it, but it seems NUR TATAR is retiring :yikes: