website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It looks like the Women's Artistic Gymnastics are being judged EXTREMELY unfairly with US gymnasts in Individual All-Around placing 1st and 2nd while other teams, esp. China and Russia, are being underscored and overlooked. Disgusting! We should raise our voices for justice! Keep Rio free of politics!

As I was watching the Women's Team Artistic Gymnastics final on August 10th, I noted that NONE of the judges were Asian, and China placed 3rd. Oh public, open your eyes! What is happening to the world? Earlier, shameless game of politics with Russia (state-sponsored doping and whatnot... even if true, how is it possible to notify an entire country that it can participate less than a month before Olympics?) Please, let us stand together and open the world's eyes to the huge injustice done non-American allies.

38 minutes ago, aurelia.d said:

It looks like the Women's Artistic Gymnastics are being judged EXTREMELY unfairly with US gymnasts in Individual All-Around placing 1st and 2nd while other teams, esp. China and Russia, are being underscored and overlooked. Disgusting! We should raise our voices for justice! Keep Rio free of politics!

As I was watching the Women's Team Artistic Gymnastics final on August 10th, I noted that NONE of the judges were Asian, and China placed 3rd. Oh public, open your eyes! What is happening to the world? Earlier, shameless game of politics with Russia (state-sponsored doping and whatnot... even if true, how is it possible to notify an entire country that it can participate less than a month before Olympics?) Please, let us stand together and open the world's eyes to the huge injustice done non-American allies.

Could you give some actual examples, based on actual facts, exact routines that should have been scored higher (and why and how) etc? :) 

That'd help a lot more than just shouting "omg America is rigging everything and omg Asian nations are being screwed".

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Did anyone else notice the horrible behaviour of the (Brazilian) people in the stadium during the men's floor final? It truly saddened me...I really wanted Hypolito to win a medal in front of his home crowd, but this was some of the most pathetic, horrible crowd I have ever seen in a non-team sport event.. 

Edit: Glad to see it wasn't just me or non-Brazilians who thought this way :p 

Edited by heywoodu

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

What a day! Two medals for Brazil, one medal for Switzerland and one medal for Germany! 

But the crowd really made me feel ashamed of being Brazilian. Such rude, disgusting people. 

How much did Dipa lose with her ass touching the floor btw? I read 1 full point somewhere...surely it wasn't that much? That would have given her the gold if she had made that then :yikes:

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Did anyone else notice the horrible behaviour of the (Brazilian) people in the stadium during the men's floor final? It truly saddened me...I really wanted Hypolito to win a medal in front of his home crowd, but this was some of the most pathetic, horrible crowd I have ever seen in a non-team sport event.. 

It was utterly disgusting in my opinion. Huge roar when Brazilian rivals make mistakes (and during their performances too!)...

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I saw it too and it was awful to see. Those gymnasts have been training for years for that one moment, that made me so angry :mad: