website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2022

I thought we had lunch early... :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

H.png

It's Lunch time!

We usually eat at noon but that's not true for every Hungarian family. So if you are bored while I go to eat something, you can watch this video of a man eating street food in Budapest. 

Nice, this should be informative. :)

I had planned to visit Budapest this Spring. It failed, but still hopefully I will be going this year.

#banbestmen

H.png

Session 1 Summary

I will post a bit of summary after every session. For this session I won't reveal which countries got the most points because you can already see that on the scoreboard. But I do want to show the progression of the nations during the session that ended up in the Top10 by the end of it.

:NZL :TUN :POL :BUL :ESP :IND :COL :GER :HUN
:MLT Malta  13th 20th 3rd 5th 2nd 2nd 2nd 1st 1st
:ESP Spain  3rd 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 2nd 2nd
:BRA Brazil  13th 23th 27th 19th 9th 5th 7th 5th 3rd
:COL Colombia  13th 6th 10th 9th 4th 3rd 3rd 3rd 4th
:FIN Finland  12th 22th 15th 4th 3rd 4th 4th 4th 5th
:MEX Mexico  9th 17th 4th 2nd 5th 6th 5th 6th 6th
:ARG Argentina  1st 2nd 5th 10th 12th 12th 6th 7th 7th
:ITA Italy 7th 12th 13th 16th 8th 10th 10th 12th 8th
:CHN China 5th 8th 2nd 3rd 7th 9th 11th 13th 9th
:GBR Great Britain  13h 23th 27th 30th 23th 27th 19th 8th 10th

3 hours ago, dcro said:

But now for the main question. Who will win? The Weeknd or... The Weeknd? Or will the two weekends split votes and hand the victory over to Ireland. We have seen that movie before. :p

Ed Sheeran? Surely not after the Mendes-gate? :p

Weekend always wins before other days :p

H.png

The Bells Are Ringing

It's noon in Hungary, which is the time when the bells are ringing for the Siege of Belgrade (Nándorfehérvár), which happened in 1456. The Pope ordered the Christian countries to ring the bells at noon for Belgrade when the Ottomans attacked Hungary. They knew that if Belgrad would fall the entire country would fall with it and with that Ottomans would march on forward to Western Europe. The Ottomans suffered great losses and lost the siege, which delayed the Ottoman advances in Europe by half of a century. The Hungarian army was led by János Hunyadi, who's seen as one of the most legendary figures in Hungarian history. To this day the bells ring for this victorious battle in Hungary every day at noon. The bells even ring on the national TV and radio at noon.

The bells ring at noon every single day? :yikes: 

Huh, never heard of that before. Kind of reminds me of the daily ceremony at the Menenpoort in Ieper (Belgium), where every single day at 20.00h the Last Post is played to remember the victims of World War I.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!