website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i'm not an expert ofc , but i really see that the Chinese was really overscored and the Russian was downscored at least he deserved Silver not bronze , am i the only one see that here ? 

I think the Russian went for a safe jump after watching the others failing . the degree of difficulty of his jump was much lower comparing to the rest. (while I think his initial jump was 5, but he changed it to something like 4.5)

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i'm not an expert ofc , but i really see that the Chinese was really overscored and the Russian was downscored at least he deserved Silver not bronze , am i the only one see that here ? 

that's because the Chinese is the only one with good landing on 5.0 difficulty. The Russian used the 5.0 routine on the previous round and forbidden to repeat that routine on the last final. The subtitle shows he chose 4.9 difficulty routine which is still competitive. But he chose to safely finished 4.525 routine in the air which is totally not competitive at all so we even begin to celebrate before the score.