website statistics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

• Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
hckosice

Ice Hockey 2020 - 2021 Discussion Thread

On 07/05/2020 at 18:55, hckosice said:

IIHF released today on its website the All-Time Slovak all stars team :dhttps://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/wm/news/18937/all-time-slovakia-team

m18zwk_YTSSHj2jD5vzL-w~Najlep-ia-estka-S

the only one on this team I never had a chance to watch playing is Dzurilla...

I did even have the chance to watch some of the last games of Statsny's career, when he was playing in Quebec...I guess I'm getting really, really old...:old: :rofl: :facepalm:

33 minutes ago, phelps said:

the only one on this team I never had a chance to watch playing is Dzurilla...

I did even have the chance to watch some of the last games of Statsny's career, when he was playing in Quebec...I guess I'm getting really, really old...:old: :rofl: :facepalm:

If you have time from 22:00 tonight in RTVS 3, they broadcast the 1994 Lillehammer decisive Olympic qualifier in Sheffield :SVK - :LAT  with two of the Šťastný brothers Peter and Anton played for the first time under independant Slovakia.

That was a really emotional tournament for us, as you know in 1993 after the split-up of Czechoslovakia IIHF decided that CZE will be the successor and SVK will be send to the pool D !!! Our authorities fought hard to correct this injustice...we somehow succeeded to be put one level higher in Pool C and our team to be allowed as special participant to be added to the Olympic qualifier in Sheffield. both tournaments as you know we won and started to write our name into the elite world ice hockey map

• Thanks 1

a small aperitif, the highlights of the game

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

If you have time from 22:00 tonight in RTVS 3, they broadcast the 1994 Lillehammer decisive Olympic qualifier in Sheffield :SVK - :LAT  with two of the Šťastný brothers Peter and Anton played for the first time under independant Slovakia.

That was a really emotional tournament for us, as you know in 1993 after the split-up of Czechoslovakia IIHF decided that CZE will be the successor and SVK will be send to the pool D !!! Our authorities fought hard to correct this injustice...we somehow succeeded to be put one level higher in Pool C and our team to be allowed as special participant to be added to the Olympic qualifier in Sheffield. both tournaments as you know we won and started to write our name into the elite world ice hockey map

a small aperitif, the highlights of the game

I remember those circumstances, the pool C worlds and also the Olympic Games in Lillehammer in 1994 very well...especially that afternoon when SVK destroyed our poor team 9-4...:facepalm:

5 minutes ago, phelps said:

I remember those circumstances, the pool C worlds and also the Olympic Games in Lillehammer in 1994 very well...especially that afternoon when SVK destroyed our poor team 9-4...:facepalm:

10-4 :p 

6-0 after some 10 minutes, yes the first Šatan world shine, his first interantional hattrick

There is going to be some great matchups. I’m excited for :CAN v :FIN:RUS  v :CZE and :RUS v :SWE