website statistics

Tennis US Open 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Monzanator said:

Not a single doubles speciallist here allthough Barty cut her teeth with Dellacqua before and Azarenka has won a mixed GS IIRC.

Well, all of them are good in both singles and doubles. It's been a while since we had top players playing doubles regularly :d 

5 hours ago, Майкл said:

Matteo wasted 2 consecutive SPs in the first set TB :cry: 

But props for the fight he put up especially in the first set, damn.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Really interesting to see that Medvedev is the first of the young guns to reach a slam final. I think even one year ago most people wouldn't have bet anything on him being the first of the young guys to do it. Guys like Zverev, Shapovalov, FAA or Tsitsipas seemed to the more obvious choices. Even among the russian guys he probably was only the 3rd choice (behind Khachanov and Rublev) for most people. I think Zverev isn't any less talented, but he has had the same flaws in his game for years and apparently he isn't willing to work on them and anyone who points those mistakes out to him gets fired ...

By the way: Russia could have a great Davis Cup team in the future ...

I think Medvedev is the youngest finalist since Del Potro did it at the 2009 US Open and i think he could also become the youngest winner since 2009 (when Del Potro won the US Open).

He could be the first guy not named Federer/Nadal/Wawrinka/Djokovic/Murray to win a slam since Cilic did it at the 2014 US Open and the first guy not named Djokovic/Federer/Nadal to win a slam since Wawrinka did it at the 2016 US Open. I think only 1 of the last 39 slams was won by someone else than Federer/Nadal/Wawrinka/Djokovic/Murray (Cilic at the 2014 US Open).

The last russian guy to win a slam/reach the final was Safin at the 2005 Australian Open. Safin is the only russian guy who has won a slam this century and i think Medvedev could become only the 3rd russian man to ever win a slam (only Safin and Kafelnikov have done it before).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Excellent start for Andreescu, let's go :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Even challenging a call has to be a whole scene for Williams :whistle: