website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

draw looks unbelievably unfair for all 3 Olympic weights tomorrow, the main problem is UWW stupid format, for example if we have 40 wrestlers in the list, there will be 8 wrestlers in each quarter draw, except the last one with 16 !!! obviously the last one is supposed to be much tougher.

since all semifinalists will win the quota, I will break into each quarterdraw

1) Artem Surkov couldn't even dream about such easy draw, from the rest I only recognize Mete Nemes and even Nemes is no match for Surkov. I think Surkov will win this quarter and the semifinal. therfore one of those guys will climb through repechage to the bronze medal match and we will have a lucky Olympian from this part. I think Nemes is much better than the rest.

2) the second part isn't any better. but at least there will be some kind of competition, I think the Kazakh guy Shermakhambet who will have some supports from the refs will be the favorite. I think you never can underestimate Japanese wrestlers in lighter weights.

3) obviously this part is harder than the top half combined (even though still nothing compared to the last quarter) Sahakyan from Poland is the clear favorite. I think he won't have much problems entering the quarterfinal. there is some good wrestlers here to challenge him, Bolkvadze, Ismailov or Aslanyan.

4) just wow, you can see almost everybody here. Stabler, the Olympic champion Borrero, Chunayev, Euro Champion Yuksel, 2018 Euro Champ Mihut, twice world champion Ryu and few other good wrestlers like Islamov. I feel sorry for our youngster Tab, no chance for him here. it's hard to pick someone but if Stabler makes the weight properly to me he is the favorite.

my picks for Olympic quotas: :RUS:SRB:KAZ:POL:GER:TUR

1) looks very easy for Beleniuk, he is the gold medal favorite with any draw but since I expect him to make it to the final, one of the other guys from this quarter will win the quota !! I think there is a chance for all other 7 wrestlers, but I think it will be between Belarus or Croatia

2) we have 8 good or very good wrestlers in this quarter, much harder than the first one, I can give almost equal chances to 5 of them, Kudla, Abbasov, Abdusalam, the Georgian guy and our Taheri. only one of these guys will make it to the Olympics because of the draw (unless the winner surprises Beleniuk in the semifinal) I give more chance to Abbasov and Kudla. somehow Kudla always gets help from the refs.

3) Viktor Lorincz is probably very happy now with his Olympic quota almost secured. this is a VERY easy draw for him. maybe his second round match KGZ/LTU will be a bit hard. just that one. it will be funny if Lorincz makes it to the final. one of these guys will win a quota through repechage !

4) this one is harder, we have Basar, Komarov, Assakalov, Shahinyan, Hietaniemi and couple more. I think Russia struggles more in this weight to win the quota.

my picks for Olympic quotas: :UKR:BLR:AZE:HUN:KGZ:TUR

1) Evloev didn't need an easy draw but he got one. and again one of the other guys will luckily win a quota.

2) this one is even easier than Evloev !! I think this is for Kajaia unless he wrestles very poor. the top half is much much easier . both quarters look like a joke to me.

3) I think there are 7 wrestlers with good chance here, even that Honduras wrestler isn't that bad. I had to think a lot to find a pick here. this is wide open

4) my reaction when I saw our wrestler in this quarter "are you kidding me ? " out of 3 wrestlers why none of ours got something easier. all 3 of them are in the toughest quarter !! (Taheri at 87 is in the 2nd toughest) obviously with baby giant Aleksanyan, he is the clear favorite for the quota. I had a hard time to pick the other guy. because Aleksanyan most probably will go to the final.

my picks for Olympic quotas: :RUS:SRB:UZB:GEO:ARM:TUR

and I have to admit some of picks were really random. I see I give 3 to Turkey but I'm sure they are not going to win all 3 possible quotas.

I like your predictions since 2012. They are usually more than accurate.

Serbian federation actually expects no more than 1 quota and that quota should be won by Viktor Nemes.

I watched both Kajaia and Mate Nemes and they are good, especially Mikheil. 

Il y a 10 heures, MHSN a dit :

:raspberry: but actually I had high hopes for our 72kg rep, secretly I was considering him a gold medal favorite but damn he was beyond terrible. just a shadow of himself and ruined my mood in the first match of the day. this kid is a multiple world junior champion. VERY talented but it seems talent is not enough in this stage, you need character too. maybe next time.

but Abdevali beating Russia somehow made up for that. now he has gold medal to lose. none of these remaining guys are his match. our 63kg Delkhani will most probably have to wrestle for the bronze. he has a good chance, no excuse if he blows it. Maryanyan is too good for everybody.

the biggest surprise in the semifinal is Khashimbekov, this guy used to lose to everybody. I remember even 4th tier Iranian wrestlers had beaten him before. I wonder if he improved amazingly or he just got lucky and beat the European Champion by accident (didn't watch this one but since it was a fall, it can be an accident)

here is my prediction about the semifinals

55: Azizli vs Tsurtsumia

63: Maryanyan vs Ota

72: Mnat-lucky-ian vs Mantsigov

82: Gobadze vs Abdevali

France is not lucky tomorrow to have quotas?

Just now, Benolympique said:

So on these global ones, we won't have quota... if I understand correctly.

in men's wrestling I think yes even though Noumonvi has a chance as I said. even though for other events I prefer to wait until i receive the draw. what I said was only about tomorrow events.

but I'm no expert in women's wrestling. but if I'm not wrong you have some good wrestlers there.