website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

14 hours ago, phelps said:

Men's Greco-Roman Wrestling, Day #1 recap

-55kg
Gold Medal match: :GEO Nugzari Tsurtsumia vs :KAZ Khorlan Zhakansha
Bronze Medal match #1: :AZE Eldaniz Azizli vs :ALG Abdelkarim Fergat / :USA Max Emiliano Nowry
Bronze Medal match #2: :JPN Shota Ogawa vs :CHN Cao Liguo / :RUS Vitalii Kabaloev

-63kg
Gold Medal match: :JPN Shinobu Ota vs :RUS Stepan Maryanyan
Bronze Medal match #1: :ARM Slavik Galstyan vs :IRI Meysam Dalkhani / :KOR Jung Jin Woong
Bronze Medal match #2: :KAZ Almat Kebispayev vs :BLR Maksim Nehoda / :KGZ Tynar Sharshenbekov

-72kg
Gold Medal match: :RUS Abuiazid Mantsigov vs :UZB Aram Vardanyan
Bronze Medal match #1: :BUL Aik Mnatsakanian vs :GER Felix Widmayer / :BLR Ruslan Ahamalyieu / :CHN Zhang Hujun
Bronze Medal match #2: :HUN Balint Korpasi vs :KOR Lee Ji Yeon / :ARM Malkhas Amoyan

-82kg
Gold Medal match: :GEO Lasha Gobadze vs :AZE Rafig Huseynov
Bronze Medal match #1: :UZB Nurbek Khashimbekov vs :USA John Walter Stefanowicz / :CHN Qian Haitao
Bronze Medal match #2: :IRI Saeid Abdevali vs :KAZ Maxat Yerezhepov / :MDA Mihail Bradu / :UKR Iurii Shkriuba

updated after repechage rounds...

Men's Greco-Roman Wrestling, Day #2 Semifinals

-67kg
:EGY Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed vs :CUB Ismael Borrero Molina
:RUS Artem Surkov vs :DEN Fredrik Holmquist Bjerrehuus

-87kg
:UKR Zhan Beleniuk vs :GER Denis Maksymilian Kudla
:HUN Viktor Lorincz vs :UZB Rustam Assakalov

-97kg
:RUS Musa Evloev vs :SRB Mihail Kajaia
:GEO Giorgi Melia vs :ARM Artur Aleksanyan

p.s. all of these wrestlers also got an Olympic Quota Place for their respective NOC...

Edited by phelps

Thanks to the retards who thought that those weight classes would make sense ...

The division into -60, -67, -77, -87, -97 is absolutely ridiculous, something like -60, -66, -74, -84, -96 would have made much more sense. Noone can seriously think that it makes sense to have the same difference between the 2nd and 3rd lightest category (-67 & -77) and the two heaviest categories (-87 & -97).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, DaniSRB said:

@MHSN, Kajaia was "gifted" with quota? I did not understand what happened there

I was watching the other QF and was very angry about the match before. I had an eye on Kajaia match too I know he won the match by 3rd caution. but for judging cautions you have to watch the entire 6 minutes. so I can't answer your question. but I assume Omarov feels robbed right now.

but this is the shitty rules of UWW, this is up to the refs if they want to give the 3rd caution or not. rules are not clear. as I said in 87kg QF, our wrestler did everything he could in last 2 minutes and still no caution.

Just now, phelps said:

he did what he usually does best...accepting generous gifts...:whistle:

To be honest, I have no idea about this, because I basically don't follow Wrestling at all outside of the Olympics. I'm just glad that we have a quota place. :d

I'm not even completely sure why he won, even though the result was 1:1. Because he was the last one to score?

Just now, MHSN said:

I was watching the other QF and was very angry about the match before. I had an eye on Kajaia match too I know he won the match by 3rd caution. but for judging cautions you have to watch the entire 6 minutes. so I can't answer your question. but I assume Omarov feels robbed right now.

but this is the shitty rules of UWW, this is up to the refs if they want to give the 3rd caution or not. rules are not clear. as I said in 87kg QF, our wrestler did everything he could in last 2 minutes and still no caution.

Czech had throw from parter (for 2 pts or so) but they anulled it. There was not commentary so i was not sure if he maybe used legs or so :mumble:

Just now, EselTheDonkey said:

To be honest, I have no idea about this, because I basically don't follow Wrestling at all outside of the Olympics. I'm just glad that we have a quota place. :d

I'm not even completely sure why he won, even though the result was 1:1. Because he was the last one to score?

Yes, that is the rule, whoever scores last wins.