website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

• 3 weeks later...

UWW announced the seeded wrestlers for the World Championship based on the preliminary entry list. only top 4 will be seeded and unlike the previous year if one of top 4 doesn't make it, they will move up the next ranked wrestler into top 4.

top seeds in freestyle, this is based on UWW list, they just had a mistake in 61kg which I fixed but you can't count on this 100% because for example I'm pretty sure Batirov will enter one of the Olympic weights. so in short, this is most probably accurate for Olympic weights but not that much for non-Olympic weights.

only 3 seeded wrestlers for Russia. not because they are weak. but because they are sending different wrestlers. USA leads with 5.

57kg:

1. :TUR Atli

2. :RUS Uguev

3. :JPN Takahashi

4. :KAZ Sanayev

61kg:

1. :CUB Bonne

2. :IND Aware

3. :GEO Lomtadze

4. :ROU Okhlopkov

65kg:

1. :IND Bajrang

2. :JPN Otoguro

3. :TUR Kilicsalayan

4. :KAZ Okassov

70kg:

1. :BRN Batirov

2. :KAZ Kaipanov

3. :IRI Emami

4. :ARM Safaryan

74kg:

1. :ITA Chamizo

2. :USA Burroughs

3. :RUS Sidakov

4. :GEO Kentchadze

79kg:

1. :USA Dake

2. :AZE Hasanov

3. :TUR Kotanoglu

4. :IRI Teymouri

86kg:

1. :TUR Erdin

2. :SVK Makoev

3. :IRI Yazdani

4. :IND Punia

92kg:

1. :USA Cox

2. :IRI Karimi

3. :BLR Yankouski

4. :GEO Mtsituri

97kg:

1. :USA Snyder

2. :RUS Sadulaev

3. :MGL Batzul

4. :ITA Conyedo

125kg:

1. :GEO Petriashvili

2. :CHN Deng

3. :TUR Akgul

4. :USA Gwiazdowski

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

UWW announced the seeded wrestlers for the World Championship based on the preliminary entry list. only top 4 will be seeded and unlike the previous year if one of top 4 doesn't make it, they will move up the next ranked wrestler into top 4.

top seeds in freestyle, this is based on UWW list, they just had a mistake in 61kg which I fixed but you can't count on this 100% because for example I'm pretty sure Batirov will enter one of the Olympic weights. so in short, this is most probably accurate for Olympic weights but not that much for non-Olympic weights.

only 3 seeded wrestlers for Russia. not because they are weak. but because they are sending different wrestlers. USA leads with 5.

57kg:

61kg:

65kg:

70kg:

74kg:

79kg:

86kg:

92kg:

97kg:

125kg:

Conyedo is still "in the bubble"...he hasn't got his new Italian passport yet...

and with our government gone, it's highly unlikely that he will get it in time to participate at the world champs (even if it would only take 2 minutes to our President of the Republic to give him the full citizenship directly, bypassing all those burocratic hurdles he's facing right now...but I'm sure he won't do that...he's not the man who's going to "replace" the normal rules of our Country, even if it's for a good purpose and if it is within his power and prerogatives)...:facepalm::wall:

Just now, phelps said:

Conyedo is still "in the bubble"...he hasn't got his new Italian passport yet...

and with our government gone, it's highly unlikely that he will get it in time to participate at the world champs (even if it would only take 2 minutes to our President of the Republic to give him the full citizenship directly, bypassing all those burocratic hurdles he's facing right now...but I'm sure he won't do that...he's not the man who's going to "replace" the normal rules of our Country, even if it's for a good purpose and if it is within his power and prerogatives)...:facepalm::wall:

I'm almost sure that Mattarella have other problems, a bit more important :p

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

I'm almost sure that Mattarella have other problems, a bit more important :p

do you? I'm starting thinking that nothing is really "a problem" in this crazy Country named Italy...:facepalm:

it's just the usual circus...

and normal people have to store a lot of vaseline and other lubricants...once again...:yikes::facepalm:

Edited by phelps

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

86kg:

wait, hold on a minute ! How on earth the guy managed to be seeded ? I mean I can not remember a sigle decent result from him since the random world silver medal he won a nice couple of years ago ?  :lol:

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

wait, hold on a minute ! How on earth the guy managed to be seeded ? I mean I can not remember a sigle decent result from him since the random world silver medal he won a nice couple of years ago ?  :lol:

Even 4th seed Punia is a junior who is transitioning to seniors. I think they are helped by participating in multiple tournaments while some of the big names have participated sparsely. 

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

57kg:

61kg:

65kg:

70kg:

74kg:

79kg:

86kg:

92kg:

97kg:

125kg:

May I know how will these seeding help, will they avoid each other till the semis. As far as I know, the draw for wrestling tournaments is completely random

Edited by Siddhartha Talukdar

1 hour ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

May I know how will these seeding help, will they avoid each other till the semis. As far as I know, the draw for wrestling tournaments is completely random

Yes and if they reach in semis. it will be 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3.

another important thing is they will most probably receive a bye in the first round. unless for example 32 wrestlers enter, then nobody will get a bye.