website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Just now, DaniSRB said:

Czech had throw from parter (for 2 pts or so) but they anulled it. There was not commentary so i was not sure if he maybe used legs or so :mumble:

just finished watching the 2nd period, yes they considered it a leg foul. but from that camera angel I saw nothing . if you see the reaction of your coach he was very upset and accepted losing 2pts. even Kajaia didn't protest anything. both simply accepted it. I'm not sure because of the camera angel but if you ask my opinion I wouldn't considered it a leg foul. still I'm not sure about this one.

and beside that. the 3rd caution was really harsh on Omarov. really harsh. not a fair decision IMO. Omarov has lots of reasons to be angry.

Just now, MHSN said:

just finished watching the 2nd period, yes they considered it a leg foul. but from that camera angel I saw nothing . if you see the reaction of your coach he was very upset and accepted losing 2pts. even Kajaia didn't protest anything. both simply accepted it. I'm not sure because of the camera angel but if you ask my opinion I wouldn't considered it a leg foul. still I'm not sure about this one.

and beside that. the 3rd caution was really harsh on Omarov. really harsh. not a fair decision IMO. Omarov has lots of reasons to be angry.

Thanks, to me also looked like robbery :facepalm:

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Quota for Egypt in men's -67 kg :clap: I knew Kesho  would do something big here but dindn't really expect him to go as far as that especially from this really hard draw well done man 

Congrats, I simply forgot about him when I was reviewing the draw last night, to be honest most of your wrestlers have similar names

but he was amazing the whole day, winning 3 tough matches, his SF was epic. with both wrestlers falling on the mat after the final whistle. probably the best match of the morning session.

33 minutes ago, phelps said:

Men's Greco-Roman Wrestling, Day #2 Semifinals

-67kg
:EGY Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed vs :CUB Ismael Borrero Molina
:RUSArtem Surkov vs :DEN Fredrik Holmquist Bjerrehuus

-87kg
:UKRZhan Beleniuk vs :GER Denis Maksymilian Kudla
:HUNViktor Lorincz vs :UZB Rustam Assakalov

-97kg
:RUSMusa Evloev vs :SRBMihail Kajaia
:GEOGiorgi Melia vs :ARMArtur Aleksanyan

p.s. all of these wrestlers also got an Olympic Quota Place

I got 7 of 12 semifinalists correctly.

we had more surprises at 67kg (as usual lighter wights , more surprises) even though I can't consider Borrero as a surprise, looks like he is finally fit into this new weight. he was simply amazing. he destroyed Stabler which was just wow !! the Egyptian Elsayed was also great, his QF vs Poland was the best match of the session IMO. and Denmark ?! seriously !!? he was lucky with the draw but he also wrestled very well. Surkov should be careful. he also has to thank the American Collman to beat the Kazakh guy.

no more comment about Kudla. I knew he will have supports from the refs, but I was expecting Abbasov to beat our Taheri and then him. but I simply forgot a fact. Azerbaijan don't spend money as much as before. their wrestlers don't receive favorable calls anymore. and that snake Assakalov !! :d you always have to be worried about him, he always can throw you and pin you. he pinned the Russian despite being 4-5 pts down. he also pinned the defending World Champion Basar.

Just now, MHSN said:

disappointing news, no Mijain Lopez :(:( I see Oscar Pino in the draw instead of him. I was waiting long time to see another Lopez - Kayaalp. where is he !? he wrestled at the Pan-American Games and  won the gold.

Really strange decision. Can they switch wrestlers if Pino earns quota?

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Really strange decision. Can they switch wrestlers if Pino earns quota?

of course. NOC wins the quota. not the athlete himself.

but Pino was supposed to wrestle in freestyle competition. I don't know why they changed the plan.

Just now, MHSN said:

of course. NOC wins the quota. not the athlete himself.

but Pino was supposed to wrestle in freestyle competition. I don't know why they changed the plan.

I fear Lopez couldn't make the weight properly twice in a month or so...:mumble:

by the way, 7 out of 12 is still a very good percentage...:d

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

I fear Lopez couldn't make the weight properly twice in a month or so...:mumble:

by the way, 7 out of 12 is still a very good percentage...:d

according to Iranian journalists, he is in Nur-Sultan. they even talked to him. his answer was something like "I will wrestle in Tokyo for sure. here I just didn't want to wrestle, I'm here to support my teammates"

yeah that looks good on paper but to be honest 5 or 6 of them were obvious picks :d